Good bye D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
palese said:
You make some great points but "The HD DVR w/tivo is a one of kind product" does not fly anymore to warrent its price point, if you have been following the battle in congress to bring digital and HDTV to the American homes then you understand. The requirement for broadcasters to meet the deadline or face serious fines for everyday they do not comply keeps getting pushed back.

The cost to the consumer to adapt to digital TV has been the issue and the TV industry is now answering back with sets people can afford to make the transition. As for HD, well that's takeing a back seat in congress as they feel we can live without it.

D* has no option other then to bring the price down on its HD DVR. Only the hardcore would pay 999.00 dollars for this unit when it came out and they were smart enough to know this and yes they make their money selling programs not hardware but as HDTV becomes more commom place D* will not reach the people with a 600.00 dollar receiver when cable will lease you one for under 9.00 a month.

There is good and bad with every service.

The price or the availibility of hd service is not my concern here - I will revise my statement, I think cancelling your account and dumping your service because of a minor payment option is STUPID! - you got into a power struggle over the phone and the result was cancelling your account - And I do find sense in this statement
I guess you showed them. I bet they will be talking about you in the next D* Board meeting. how are we going to get him back? We must do something or the whole company is going to fold.
This obviously was emotionally jarring for you that you went to the length of turning this situation into a thread - if you think you can find a better service out there I wish you good luck - but cancelling your account over a frivilous payment detail is ridiculous in all aspects - I don't give two hoots about the HD situation - for all you HD buffs out there you need to realize that currently there is NO money in HD - there is a terrible lack of programming avail for all providers - Satellite does not have the technology ready to bring you HD in large quantity, D* #1 priority will be to continue to develop new technology to bring you local channels in HD - D* has made it very clear what their plans are regarding HD - America is not ready for HD, I am glad we have VOOM as an example - all the HD ready cust out there are in no sense the majority or nearly even an economical demographic

I think the bottom line here is that Direct and Dish along with cable all have their issues. It depends on where you are located for the cable offerings. One thing is for sure....I'm not very happy with Direct right now. But I feel ten times better that they arent milking money out of me for that dreaded HD pack. I have no need to pay for it. Until they improve their offering just cancel the pack...I rather pay for HBOHD and SHoHD which I do. I do miss VOOM alot though.

Cable here offers more overall, and I almost switched. But ...

I'd have to get, at a minimum, the digital bronze package at $83+$5 for each DVD, +5 for the HD package. Far more money then I'd want to pay.

glowstickgorilla said:
The price or the availibility of hd service is not my concern here - I will revise my statement, I think cancelling your account and dumping your service because of a minor payment option is STUPID! - you got into a power struggle over the phone and the result was cancelling your account - And I do find sense in this statement
I guess you showed them. I bet they will be talking about you in the next D* Board meeting. how are we going to get him back? We must do something or the whole company is going to fold.
This obviously was emotionally jarring for you that you went to the length of turning this situation into a thread - if you think you can find a better service out there I wish you good luck - but cancelling your account over a frivilous payment detail is ridiculous in all aspects - I don't give two hoots about the HD situation - for all you HD buffs out there you need to realize that currently there is NO money in HD - there is a terrible lack of programming avail for all providers - Satellite does not have the technology ready to bring you HD in large quantity, D* #1 priority will be to continue to develop new technology to bring you local channels in HD - D* has made it very clear what their plans are regarding HD - America is not ready for HD, I am glad we have VOOM as an example - all the HD ready cust out there are in no sense the majority or nearly even an economical demographic

America is not ready for HD
No America is ready, you and D* are not ready for HD. :D

projectorsrule said:
I'm not going to lend legitimacy to the 2nd post ( :trolls: ) but I may be leaving if Comcast gets the NHL and puts hockey games on INHD. I know hockey fans are a minority but since Voom went belly-up DirTV has turned its back on HD customers while wooing immigrants. Nothing against para-todos, Phoenix, or Phillipino viewers just a statement of fact. If the NHL goes to INHD I guess I'll deal with bad PQ on analog cable to get the HD offerings. DirecTV has made their business decision to put HD on the back burner and concentrate on adding SD channels.

It's just the way it is. HDLIL makes no difference to me, just national HD channels and NHL HD.

The added SD channels are no better in resolution than analog which makes the addtional channels even worse. If it was not for ESPN I would drop D HD in a minute. If this is the internet sight for High Tech TV maybe this D sight should be eliminated. Not true High Tech.

riggscm said:
sight: (n) 1: The ability to see. 2:The act or fact of seeing

site: (n) 1: The place or setting of something: a historic site; a job site. 2: A website

Thats ok he made his point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mnf

OTA vs Satellite Quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)