Google hopes these offers make you want a Chromecast

I still don't understand why these are so popular... I don't have nearly the functionality with the chromecast that I have with other devices. Just now getting around to HDMI-CEC support is horrible and on top of that it doesn't do anything but play or stop. Heck most people probably don't even use HDMI-CEC or can't.

The only reason I had one is because when I bought it Comcast was not supporting HBO and Showtime on the Roku.

Now that they are the Chromecast sits on a desk.

How about some offers to make us want to actually use the ones we already have? Neither of mine have been plugged in more than once since I got them. Too much hassle to use. Even the recent addition of HDMI control is too little, too late. Play/stop only, are you kidding me?

Save your money, Poke, and get a Roku.

The Roku's get significantly more use for me, but I do use the Chromecast's occasionally. For example, the YouTube live streams seem to still not work on the YouTube Roku app but do work on the CC. Also, use WatchABC, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon apps to cast content to the TV since none of these are available (yet) on the Roku's.

Also, Starz and Encore Play apps have CC support but are not (yet) on the Roku's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)