Got a Sprint Mogul (6800) for only $288.99

i had sprintpcs about 3 years ago. until you try to travel with it and if you go just 500 feet off the interstate i would lose my signal totally. I would not lose my verizon wireless phone for anything. I dont care what phone another company offers i would rather wait for it to come to verizon or just deal with what they do have. NO one can compare to what coverage that verizon does offer.

As always...check your coverage maps before you use a carrier. Most carriers offer a street level detail map. All carriers are not created equal in all areas.

It's just the opposite here, Verizon has very little coverage. TMobile has by far the worst in this area...they are awful! Guess that's why I don't know anyone with Verizon or TMobile in this area.

Ok there was a problem with the SERO website today, no valid sprint email addresses would work to access the plan, however that has now been fixed.

You can order using the email address of savings@sprintemi.com

Have fun and enjoy!

greeting,

after seeing this post, i wanted to switch over to sprint as i have meaning to for a while. I have been a T-Mobile customer for a while. What's the procedure for switching from T-Mobile to Sprint and doing this promotion over the net? I would really like to keep my number. I called the Sprint hotline (outsourced to mexico!!) and they told me something along the lines of this.

1) Order the phone online and get your generic number.
2) After receiving the phone with the generic number, have them switch my number to the new phone.
3) Call up T-Mobile and do ETF.

Has anyone been successful in getting out of the ETF from T-Mobile? I would really like t save $200.

Regards!

To the other Mogul folks here: I downloaded and installed the weather today screen plugin. Very nice! I'm a big weather watcher and always have the radar and forecasts on my desktop using Samurize. Now I get to have the weather on my phone too!

Select your phone then select Option 2. :)

You can also call them and they will help you.

I'm on a shared plan already with Sprint and I don't need to upgrade my phone... I'm afraid that if i call they won't swap me over to the Sero rate plan since it seems its individual only - not to mention only for new plans. Maybe this offer will still be around in October when my contract is up - I could start a new Sero plan instead of renewing.

I used mobile web when I turned the wheel over to my teenage daughter while driving on the PA/Ohio Turnpikes...it helped calm my nerves. Anyway, I pretty much had fast broadband speed (EV) all the way up. Plus, my unlimited Text MSG came through...now if I can only find a need to use it instead of merely calling the recipient. So far, I really like the Mogul, the services are excellent, and the customer service is adequate. My VerizonWireless service (family plan) is still active until the end of November. I may wind up sticking with them since the rest of my friends and family are using them. Ugh!

Sounds like the only thing bad about the Mogul phone is the name. Wonder where they came up with that anyway?

Interesting stuff-

The Mogul Empire, founded by Babur in the mid-16th century, introduced Islam into the rich cultural mix of India dominated by Hinduism.

The Moguls were Muslims who ruled over a Hindu majority. Akbar maintained his rule by his religious tolerance and Mogul military might,

Some of the best names in cell phones were done with macho imaging in mind, or with an attachment to a pop cult. Star Tac, Razor, iphone, Treo,

Last edited:
Just found out something interesting.

The Sprint Mogul is Sprints first Windows Mobile 6 phone....

My Mogul has Windows Mobile 5 installed on it!

Here is what my screen shows doing ##786#
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.2.1238
Software Version 2.09.651.3
Firmware Version 1.32.00
Hardware Version 0003
PRL Version 60608

I need to call Sprint tommorow and get this fixed, I ordered a Windows Mobile 6 phone, it is advertised as a Windows Mobile 6 phone, I should get a Windows Mobile 6 phone. :D

No wonder why I didnt see any differences between Windows Mobile 6 and Windows Mobile 5. :D

Never mind my last message, I do have Windows Mobile 6. There is a big and it shows it as 5, but if you go to settings and info then you see that its Windows Mobile 6 Professional. :)

Phew!

Scott, now that you got that figured out... :D

Can you tell me what your storage and program memory listings (total, in use, free) are on your 6800?

Free Unlimited Text

Hi I just signed up for the sero plan yesterday and purchased the mogul phone. I didn't see an option for free unlimited text messaging. I decided to add it since it was only 10 dollars. Can I call sprint to not charge me? Or am I to late?

Blackberry?

Sprint SERO ending this month!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts