Got a Wii

aboz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Rochester,NY
I must say a person with a disablilty, the Wii sports has helped me regain some strength in my arms. I think the Wii may have value besides pure entertainment. I must say it is addicting.

Well I hope the Wii is a success because the X-Box and PS have moved passed the casual gamer and there is no reason for this sh*t to cost this much. If they really need to charge that much then the X and PS have moved past the normal gaming exspirence and have become something I do not know. Do I need to spend that much for this crap to enjoy myself? I'm really not a fan of many games today and I think it's time for another video game crash because we need it. That's right a crash where you can't buy any games at all.

It happened to me years ago. I was big fan of video games with the Atari 2600 and Colecovison. I loved my Colecovison because it was light-years ahead of Atari at the time. I think CBS bought Colecovision and the next thing I know there was no more games or systems to buy, period. This really sucked because I liked video games.

So life was okay and I did things like normal kids use to do like make their own fun and ride bikes and hang out. Stuff like that. Then one day I had a part time job then I walk into a store and what do I see? This little white box called Nintendo. I said to myself: YES! I got to have one of these. I bought the exspensive package with that worthless robot. I had some fun with some of the games then behold, my mom bought me a game called The Legend of Zelda with it's gold color case and battery backup and that is the best gaming exspirence of my life. It was like having sex for the first time something you'll never forget. Other notable games were Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Kid Icarus (YES!) Master Blaster and last but not least Bionic Commando. These were and still are gems that can't be touched by improved graphics. Games were fun, fun, fun....
Video games were back!

Then there was a huge step up in gaming with the Sega Genesis which is perhaps the best gaming system ever. Mortal Kombat with the killer finishing moves. The SNES was cool as well and had a lot of great games.

Nintendo came out with another cartridge based system which I now forget the name which was okay and Sega came out with the boring and sucky Dreamcast.
Well Sega bombed and the new kid on the block was the PS which was a great system with lots of games. Nintendo came out with a boring system with the little disk and Sony came out with the PS2 which was pretty good as well. I have an X-box but only play sports games so now gaming is boring or perhaps I've grown out of them.

Video games have now become ridiculously priced and boring. I'm also not a huge fan of 3-D games and I'll take a 2-D Zelda or Metroid over the better graphics anyday.

Nintendo has the chance now to regain their past fame and steal the market away from the price hogs. The problem with Nintendo is that there has never been a good sports game ever to play on them not to mention impossible to play with thier lousy controllers.

I wish Nintendo well and hope they bring the gaming back to reality price wise not to mention bringing fun back. And 8 to 13 year old won't be able to tell the difference between a $99 system and a $699 system so why make people spend that much on the PS and X? Good job, Nintendo!

I must say a person with a disablilty, the Wii sports has helped me regain some strength in my arms. I think the Wii may have value besides pure entertainment. I must say it is addicting.

Laff, yeah, I know quite a few people are using the old style wrist weights now when they play Wii games.

Today I went to Circuit City at 2pm and in line was a guy with a WII in his hand!

I asked him where he got it and he said there was a display setup with them, I went and looked and someone just grabed the last one off the shelf.

Dang wish I would have went earlier. :)

Today I went to Circuit City at 2pm and in line was a guy with a WII in his hand!

I asked him where he got it and he said there was a display setup with them, I went and looked and someone just grabed the last one off the shelf.

Dang wish I would have went earlier. :)
I went to my local Circuit City and they had TONS of WII out on display :hungry: . The bad thing about it was they were all EMPTY boxes :eek: :( . I asked the sales guy about it and he said that the manufacture sends them those boxes to display, they wouldn't put them out if they had them you would have to ask for one and they would go to the back to get it. So I hope they didn't get an empty box :D .

I drove by Circuit City (Las Vegas-Sahara location) at 9am this morning and there were about 100 people in line for a Wii (apparently there were only 30 available at that store). As I have no interest in urban camping, I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't be seeing a Wii or a PS3 until sometime in March.

Congradultions on your purchase. I was wondering if the movement required by the Wii would be benificial or detremental repetitive movement. I am glad that it is helping you. Enjoy!:)

Great story aboz. You should sent an e-mail to Nintendo.

For those of you still looking, Nintendo still says they will have 4,000,000 Wiis available before year end.

halo 3 sign ups begin next week!

Windows XP on PS3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)