Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevinloydw

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2005
Sheridan Or
*** URGENT NOTICE ***

Analog Starz and Encore, the Denver networks, TNT, CNN, USA, Comedy Central, Sci-Fi, TV Land, Nickelodeaon, and TBS are all leaving analog C-Band. Contact us to schedule you FREE equiptment upgrade today to avoid losing these programs...

DO NOT bother calling the number listed... They are just trying to sell Dish Network stuff...

NPS and Dish Network are teamed up apparently.. There are ads for Dish on NPS's website.

I notice you are from Sheridan, Or.. I went out there a few years back, stayed with my in-laws.. beautiful area out there.. :)

They had a big dish too, heh, then again most everyone probably does out that way.

EDIT: Here is the NPS/Dish link http://www.callnps.com/small_dish_offer.htm

kevinloydw said:
*** URGENT NOTICE ***

Analog Starz and Encore, the Denver networks, TNT, CNN, USA, Comedy Central, Sci-Fi, TV Land, Nickelodeaon, and TBS are all leaving analog C-Band. Contact us to schedule you FREE equiptment upgrade today to avoid losing these programs...

DO NOT bother calling the number listed... They are just trying to sell Dish Network stuff...

The message most likely came from YSP. They are owned by Dish now and they won't be reselling the digital 4dtv versions like NPS is.

Wow - that is worded VERY similar to the Dish Network ad that us Voomers got to look at towards the end :(.

At least the Dish retailers aren't calling your houses yet to 'schedule your upgrade'. Ask 'em for OLN - that'll stop 'em cold :).

Yeah, I'm getting it to. I just set up my 4dtv receiver this weekend. How do you clear the message and get it to stay cleared? I can press exit and get it to go off, but it just comes back a few seconds later.

iammike said:
Yeah, I'm getting it to. I just set up my 4dtv receiver this weekend. How do you clear the message and get it to stay cleared? I can press exit and get it to go off, but it just comes back a few seconds later.
If you subscribe to the channel you are seeing it on, it will go away.

voomvoom said:
If you subscribe to the channel you are seeing it on, it will go away.

Well that bites. I thought they'd thrown in a few freebies when I got my programming. Thanks for the info.

Message has changed

*** URGENT NOTICE ***
Analog Starz and Encore, the Denver networks, TNT, CNN, TV Land, and TBS are all leaving analog C-band. Contact us to .....

yadda yadda,

The key is Sci-Fi is no longer in the list....

KLW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Smallest dish size for C Band

Anchorage Mux: Program7 ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)