Greatest Song Ever Written?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2004
Dudes...please

Fall Out Boy? PUHLEEEEEEZZEEE! The Hives are a thousand times better than that band on it's worst day.

You really need to listen to "I Don't Care". Besides...I never said it was the greatest song ever writen...just a superb one.

jbernardi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 9, 2007
Florida
I thought of "He Stopped Loving Her Today," but since someone already mentioned it, I'll add another-- "Statue of a Fool."

Although the hit version was David Allan Coe's, "You Never Even Called Me by My Name" was written by and originally recorded by Steve Goodman.

sluggo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2004
Dude, My Chemical Romance is WAY better than Fall Out Boy. ;)

That is a matter of opinion and you are certainly entitled to your. However, I enjoy FOB a tad more than MCR. Neither stack up against The Dead though. I also quite enjoy Dropkick Murphys...even as i approach my 52 BD later this year. Those boys start out at 100mph and pick up speed as they go.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
That is a matter of opinion and you are certainly entitled to your. However, I enjoy FOB a tad more than MCR. Neither stack up against The Dead though. I also quite enjoy Dropkick Murphys...even as i approach my 52 BD later this year. Those boys start out at 100mph and pick up speed as they go.

That we can agree on my friend. :up

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Ok folks, since we have such a wide variety of answers here, (nobody is wrong btw. You're all entitled to your own opinion) let's narrow it down to each decade.

Let's start with the 80's.

I'm gonna say Sweet Child 'O Mine by Guns N' Roses.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
"Amazing Grace"

:up:up

For Rock though I would have to say "Imagine" by John Lennon.
I never was a Beetles fan, but that song is great.

Last edited:

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
I thought Imagine was a John Lennon solo effort (well, actually with the Plastic Ono Band) ??

The Beatles, in one post-era construct or another, probably covered it many times however...

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I thought Imagine was a John Lennon solo effort (well, actually with the Plastic Ono Band) ??

The Beatles, in one post-era construct or another, probably covered it many times however...

Oops you are right. He did it in 1971, only a year after the Beetles broke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)