Group Buys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 27, 2016
east coast
Hi, does SatGuys discourage, allow, or even encourage Group Buys? On another forum that I used to frequent, there were group buys that allowed like-minded individuals and manufacturers/retailers to come together on large purchases that were mutually beneficial.

(Here's the backstory/reason for asking. I'm just getting started in this FTA thing. Some parts are daunting, like the planning/design phase...but, manageable with enough reading/researching/asking questions(Big thanks to SatGuys for their contribution to that!). Other parts are an investment...sometimes a fairly big investment for an endeavor to which I may not end up committing. So, anything that lowers the barrier to entry is welcome. I found in one of my posts that the equipment that I've assembled(on the cheap) is OK...by maybe mid-2000's standards, but pretty awful for today's standards. So, it looks as though I've got a lot of shopping to do!)

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
What is it, that you are needing that is cost prohibitive?

drg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 27, 2016
east coast
I'm looking at STBs(and I'm open to PC cards and USB/stick/dongle/box options) and have noticed that some sellers offer volume discounts. I've found that there are tons of options. I'm told that I should get one with DVB-S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts