Guide for Non-Converters is still up and running

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigjohn500

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
TV Listings Guide and TV Schedule, Where to Watch TV Shows - Zap2it

It is old and clunky but can be made into a 97% accurate online Guide.

Create a free account.
Sign in.
Use change location and punch in a zip [in your time zone] of your choice.
Then select provider 4DTV.
Then hit 'Set Preferences'
Then populate your 'My Favorites' list from available channel choices.
Then you can move around choices up or down to make it similar to moto guide.
You can mark 'Available Channels' or 'My Favorites' panel in blocks [using Ctrl or Shift], and then move the whole block up or down in 'My Favorites' [or just one at a time.
I have C4 at the top, and W3 at the bottom and everything else in between in correct orbital order.
And I had to use the G1 Starz for the missing W5 Starz channels [not an exact match], just marked the block of them and put them at the end of W5.
And some of the W5 numbers are wrong - ex. Bloomberg. Use the thing in your skull and memorize the conversion.

All and all, pretty handy for the ones of us that are not converting at present.
I need my GB-410 through the playoffs.

From what is being said currently. The on screen guide is actually working with HITS using the NON-BRICK method.

I need my GB-410 through the playoffs.
But the whole truth is if you convert, you lose access to the 'U' channels, and I have my guide active out to June, 2011

So like I said, this if for the Non-Convert crowd that still need some form of guide.

But the whole truth is if you convert, you lose access to the 'U' channels, and I have my guide active out to June, 2011

Ya but there is no more 4096 data stream so you can't get the old guide monthly key updated. All 4096 CK updates for U because of guide subs ended 1/4 at approx 2pm. All 4096 U will end probably by January 31st. The only way around it would be to hack the box and put a new good working key in it that could do what 4096 did. BTW my guide sub went to 10/11/2011 its null and void now.

Well TV Listings Guide and TV Schedule, Where to Watch TV Shows - Zap2it has received the word.

They only have W5 listings now.

Wished it would have lasted 2 more weeks.

What about TVGuide.Com and TitanTV.Com ?

If enough 4DTV's can't get the guide to work on W5, it would be kinda cool to see a old "channel channel" on W5, lol.

Speaking of which, is it possible to obtain the box that makes "the channel channel" ? What are they called, and how do they get their data?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Compatable actuators?

Stella Act / Distant Networks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts