H&I and an agreement with a media group

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
I noticed that Heroes and Icons has no agreement with a major media group like the other diginets that have launched since the inception of THIS. Is there a possibility in the future that maybe a Quincy, Hearst, Raycom, Sinclair, or the other ones they call OTS will pick it up. When Heroes launched it went to most all Weigel owned stations which owns one major station WDTJ 58 Milwaukee and most of us that already have a weigel station like Me have Heroes. I believe its time for a major broadcaster to step up and make an agreement with the best new diginet around.

I noticed that Heroes and Icons has no agreement with a major media group like the other diginets that have launched since the inception of THIS.
H&I is a new station so its kinda behind the 8 ball.

Is there a possibility in the future that maybe a Quincy, Hearst, Raycom, Sinclair, or the other ones they call OTS will pick it up.
I will say no...here is why
Sinclair is a no way. Right now most of their stations are full with Get and Grit. Now they want to start a sci-fi station along with trying to make their ASN sports programming (that they cut into the subchannel programming to show) a full time station? There is only so much bandwidth to go around. You cant put 10 gallons of programming in a 5 gallon hat ;)
Quincy has no room. In a lot of their markets its 2 HD and a SD already. Really cant add anything.
Hearst and Raycom are kinda in the same boat. They probably would have to replace something and maybe the contract isnt up yet

When Heroes launched it went to most all Weigel owned stations which owns one major station WDTJ 58 Milwaukee and most of us that already have a weigel station like Me have Heroes.
since Weigel owns H&I why wouldnt they put it on their stations? ;) Just saying.....

I believe its time for a major broadcaster to step up and make an agreement with the best new diginet around.
I'm sure Weigel is working with stations to get it added. But these things take time.

Agreed. If I look ahead real good Hearst would seem to be the best bet. They have the contract with Me. Some of my NOLA friends have contacted Hearst already pushing for it. WMTW ABC 8 Portland Maine is a Hearst station with H&I.

Thanks this pretty much answered my question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts