H&I Channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I was looking for Fuse HD and noticed a new channel in my locals called H&I I've never heard of this channel before. It appears to show older shows KNDB 26 is the call sign. I'm going to have to look it up. Anyone else have this channel in their lineup?

I was looking for Fuse HD and noticed a new channel in my locals called H&I I've never heard of this channel before. It appears to show older shows KNDB 26 is the call sign. I'm going to have to look it up. Anyone else have this channel in their lineup?
The reason you get that station is the FOX station in the area (the former KXND/KNDX) was sold to Gray. They moved it to the subchannel of the NBC a while ago.
This is a new station (started around a year ago) by Weigel (same folks who own MeTV). The reason you get it in your locals is because it is a -1 (main) station and requested Must Carry. It is a subchannel in most markets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_&_Icons

Are you talking Sub channels ?

I get :
Me TV
Grit
CW
Weather Nation
Retro
Bounce

No H&I as of yet.

I didn't realize that I got that many of the sub channels as far as the channels outside of the Major Networks.

The reason you get that station is the FOX station in the area (the former KXND/KNDX) was sold to Gray. They moved it to the subchannel of the NBC a while ago.
This is a new station (started around a year ago) by Weigel (same folks who own MeTV). The reason you get it in your locals is because it is a -1 (main) station and requested Must Carry. It is a subchannel in most markets

That's good to know. At first I was hoping it was a CW HD feed but no go. That's a lot of sub channels Jimbo,

Are you talking Sub channels ?
IN the OP's case Heroes & Icons is actually on a -1 station. The station went silent when Gray Broadcasting bought the FOX affiliation. Since they couldnt own 2 full power stations in the same market (they already owned NBC there) they moved FOX to a subchannel and sold the old station to a company who cut a deal with H&I

No H&I as of yet.
H&I is a new station (a year old) and Weigel is heavily promoting it to affiliates. It launches tomorrow in 11 Fox Owned and Operated stations (Detroit being one of them...if you can get WJBK it will be on 2-4)

No there isn't although cable has an HD feed somehow. I can only hope that DirecTV adds DC50 in HD sometime.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)