H&I goes out several hours nearly every evening

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gulcher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
central NM
Anyone else experiencing this? About 4 or 5 times a week on average, sometime between 4:30 and 8:00 PM Mountain Time, Heroes and Icons will go off the air for me. And will stay down for a couple hours or more. Usually comes back up by 11PM or Midnight.

If this isn't a widespread situation, any ideas? Here are my details:

Sometimes ME 1 will go down at the same time, but everything else on 101C is fine, Movies, Decades, Heroes Alt. etc. are fine. Sometimes I lose signal completely on it If so, If I tweak the aim a degree or a few I can get the signal quality back up to swinging between 56-61; (Normally it is around 62-65 on H&I and around 70-75 on the other 101C channels.) but still can't receive sound or video.

On a 6 ft dish, BSC421 LNB, GeoSatPro Micro HD receiver.

I'm way out in the boonies, My nearest neighbor is a mile away, on the other side of a hill, and the nearest power line is a half mile away. (I'm on solar power)

Thanks.

Anyone else experiencing this? About 4 or 5 times a week on average, sometime between 4:30 and 8:00 PM Mountain Time, Heroes and Icons will go off the air for me. And will stay down for a couple hours or more. Usually comes back up by 11PM or Midnight.

If this isn't a widespread situation, any ideas? Here are my details:

Sometimes ME 1 will go down at the same time, but everything else on 101C is fine, Movies, Decades, Heroes Alt. etc. are fine. Sometimes I lose signal completely on it If so, If I tweak the aim a degree or a few I can get the signal quality back up to swinging between 56-61; (Normally it is around 62-65 on H&I and around 70-75 on the other 101C channels.) but still can't receive sound or video.

On a 6 ft dish, BSC421 LNB, GeoSatPro Micro HD receiver.

I'm way out in the boonies, My nearest neighbor is a mile away, on the other side of a hill, and the nearest power line is a half mile away. (I'm on solar power)

Thanks.
You run 100% on solar?

It's your 6 ft dish picking up and adjacent signal from the satellite to either side of 101W. They "see" too wide of a beam, which overlaps the present tightness of multiple sats on the satellite arc. Get a 10ft dish, and your problem will go away.

You MIGHT be able to null that signal out to where H&I will stay. Next time you see this happen, move your dish aim slowly to the West OR East of 101 one click at a time. See what happens...

It's your 6 ft dish picking up and adjacent signal from the satellite to either side of 101W. They "see" too wide of a beam, which overlaps the present tightness of multiple sats on the satellite arc. Get a 10ft dish, and your problem will go away.

You MIGHT be able to null that signal out to where H&I will stay. Next time you see this happen, move your dish aim slowly to the West OR East of 101 one click at a time. See what happens...

Interesting.
I'd love to have a 10 ft dish. I keep looking around but can't find one that I wouldn't have to drive a thousand miles for.
Every time I lose the signal, I pretty much do as you suggested, On the occasions that ME1 goes out too, SOMETIMES I can get it back by doing that, but H&I doesn't come back. Seems sort of weird that it is only during the evening, and not every day if it is interference from a signal from 99W or 103.....
.....Although Looking at Lyngsat, I see that there is a "Feed" on 99 on the same 3953 freq.... Maybe they only power it on during the times I lose H&I... I guess I should program that in and see if something comes on there at the same time.

Well, Thanks for the ideas.

BSC421, maybe it's getting old and drifting in freq with the temp change towards evening after baking in the sun all day? Has it done this right along the whole time that the LNB has been on the dish, or is this something that just started happening? If it is drifting, a Titanium C1PLL would be a good replacement, cheap priced too.

What model wind generator did you get? I run some solar here [not 100% of the grid, I wish! ] I've toyed with picking up a small wind generator to play around with, or making one, even though we don't really have constant enough wind here to justify it.

BSC421, maybe it's getting old and drifting in freq with the temp change towards evening after baking in the sun all day? Has it done this right along the whole time that the LNB has been on the dish, or is this something that just started happening? If it is drifting, a Titanium C1PLL would be a good replacement, cheap priced too.

What model wind generator did you get? I run some solar here [not 100% of the grid, I wish! ] I've toyed with picking up a small wind generator to play around with, or making one, even though we don't really have constant enough wind here to justify it.

Actually it is brand new I just put it up about a week ago ago, replacing a 741 C/K band LNBF that I have been using for a couple of years It didn't make much difference. It had been happening one or two days a week for the past several months, but the last two months it has become more and more often. Worked fine yesterday though.
I do have a Titanium on order though. It would be here and installed now, but the Post Office seems to have lost it..

I forgot the name of the wind gen I bought. it was five or six years ago.. Came from a French manufacturer, 400 watt, 12V, ... Looks like the cheap ones you can buy on ebay and even some of the sporting goods catalogs, but cost a lot more than they do now that they are made in China. I welded up a 30' tower for it years ago, but haven't gotten around to erecting it yet.

Reactions: . Raine
I have one of my 6' dishes pointed at 101W for backup when my 10' is busy elsewhere. For several years, especially weekend afternoons the Me TV channels will be drowned out. More recently, the second H&I Alt channel will go off in the early evening sometimes. Movies and Decades Channels never do. During this time the 10' dish is unaffected. I've read before that it was adjacent satellite bleedover from temporary feeds and the 6' dishes not being 2 degree compliant. Most of the time it's perfectly fine.

Thanks for the info Corrado. Seems reasonable.
And it helps explain why when I do a search on either 101 or 103 I get a lot of channels from both.

It has been working fine the last few days. Next time it goes out, I'm going to see if the feed on the same freq. on 99 is broadcasting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts