H24/700 Really Hot!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nemesis7782

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Louisiana
My H24/700 HD Receiver is really hot and it hasn't been on all day. In fact it hasn't been on in almost 24 hours. The top of it is pretty warm but when I touch the bottom I can barely put my hand on it it's so hot. Is it normally that hot or should I contact Directv about this and see if they can do something about it. I'm a little afraid it's going to catch fire.

P.S. It's in a pretty open area!

Whats your temps?? Mine says 107F

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

My mistake. Mine is the HR24 and just noticed you mentioned the H24.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Nemesis,

Look here:
Menu/Settings/Info&Test/More System Info/ scroll down in needed.

My Hr24-100 is currently at 111

Yeah I tried that but it doesn't show the temp. And it's the H24/700 HD Receiver I'm having the issue with and not the HR24 DVR.

My hr34 is at 113. My old hr20 was always around 130 and worked ok. My hr24 is at 120 and it's been as high as 127.

I don't know if this could be the problem or not but I moved my h24 to the living room and I am using the power cord that was on my hr24 cause directv told me that the amps on the cord didn't matter cause all the directv power cords are interchangeable. The one on my hr24 was 2.5 amps 125 v and the one on the h24 was 10 amps 125 v. Any ideas it that might be my problem and that directv was wrong.

The H24 should be drawing about .13 amps, not 10. 10 amps would be about 1200 watts. That would be a big microwave!

I don't know if this could be the problem or not but I moved my h24 to the living room and I am using the power cord that was on my hr24 cause directv told me that the amps on the cord didn't matter cause all the directv power cords are interchangeable. The one on my hr24 was 2.5 amps 125 v and the one on the h24 was 10 amps 125 v. Any ideas it that might be my problem and that directv was wrong.

Lot of thew recvrs have interchangeable power cords, basic universal...

Others don't ...

That is just what the cord is rated to handle..... There is no transformer on the power cables for that receiver so it doesn't matter what one you use...

I just did a temp update and its 136 degrees it runs 136 to 140 now but in a entertainment center it runs 150 degrees I wonder if the receiver runs kinda hot cause it has built in deca I read on the other site that a deca adapter caught fire hope my receiver don't catch fire since it runs kinda hot. If anybody else could post some temperature readings on their h24 it might help me to decide to get my receiver replacement or not

Status
Please reply by conversation.