H24-700 will not get signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oohboy

Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
Montana
I have just upgraded my system from D11's to a DVR and a H24-700.
Here is my system
slim line dish with a 3LNB (4 ports) and switched it to a swm LNB as I only had one cable coming into house.
I have a P21R1-03 and msplit4R1-03

It is all installed and the DVR works great and has all HD signals. The problem is when I try to connect my H24, it says searching for satellite signal...(771) and does nothing else. I then moved my receiver to the other room where DVR works and switched units..it still says searching for signal.
What am I doing wrong..this is crazy..Both worked on the 3LNB before I switched to Swm

Hello oohboy,

Have you tried to redo the satellite setup. It might not have changed in your satellite setup.when you switched to SWM. You go to your remote and press menu. Then go to settings. Go to satellite. Then Repeat Satellite Setup. This should work. If you are unsure check your DVR's settings and duplicate that.

Did you remove the B-band converter? With SWM, you don't use the BBC....

I went into my settings and noticed they had changed. If I swap my DVR with HD they both work in the rooms but if I connect both at same time. It says no signal

Do you have terminators on the unused ports? You should. Where is the power inserter connected?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)