H24 Receiver Compatible with 18" X 20" Triple LND Satellite Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

XDTVTe h

Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Is an H24 Receiver Compatible with 18" X 20" Triple LND Satellite Dish? If so would I need B-Band Converters or not?

You would see 101, 110, and 119, but as Jimbo said, no hd and no bbc needed.

Also if it is going to be activated for the first time, its going to fail, and you will be required to have a tech out to upgrade the dish. Unless you feel like tackeling that yourself, but a frontline CSR cannot grant a waiver, and a customer cannot get to ISS who are the ones to grant waivers. And just to put the final nail in the coffin, ISS will not grant a tech a waiver to push the activation of an hd box through on a sd satellite for any reason what so ever.

My Avatar shows it. The arm must be lengthened and raised. need to score a DTV Phase III back plate/mount. I never tried the 119 as I went with an SL3. Works but aiming is touchy. Light and compact but no match for a Slimline.

Pix:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104481...authkey=Gv1sRgCIKfkozFzbTnigE&feat=directlink

Long read here but start around page 12:
http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/131362-experimental-small-slimline3-dish/

Basically, "I finally got around to introducing a "Dish" 1000.2 into my DirecTV HD setup. What the photo shows is a DirecTV Phase III Multi-satellite mast assembly with a Dish 1000.2 reflector and Slimline arm. Bolted to the top of that is the original Phase III Multi-satellite dish arm with an SL3. The length of the arm from dish edge to to SL3 insertion point is 18 5/16ths inches. The dish is located in Northern Nevada. I am getting 90 on the 101 and mid-70's on the 99 and 103's."

Seems like a lot of work to get subpar signals. May I ask exactly why you are doing this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
More than likely, for a dish that's easier to travel with .... at one point I thought about doing something like that .... then decided it wasn't worth the aggrevation.

May I ask why you even care? My dime and time. But Jimbo's got a clue.

May I further ask why you need to be so snarky with your response... I was just curious. For the record I don't care. I was curious to see what lead you to take on this project. I do applaud you in using an unorthodox install method that suits your own needs, all I was asking was what made you decide to take that direction and not just throwing a slimline on either a tripod or non-pen. Chill man....

May I further ask why you need to be so snarky with your response... I was just curious. For the record I don't care. I was curious to see what lead you to take on this project. I do applaud you in using an unorthodox install method that suits your own needs, all I was asking was what made you decide to take that direction and not just throwing a slimline on either a tripod or non-pen. Chill man....

Because that was all covered in Post 6.

Okay guys, enough. Let's focus on the topic, not each other.

I have a slimline at home, but use a 3 lnb with my h24 receivers that I take from home when camping. I lose my HD, but don't mind as the tv's in the RV are smaller than those at home. It's a lot easier to haul and line up a 3lnb in a campground with lots of trees

Last edited:
Why don't you just use an 18in round dish, unless you need 119 for some reason..

Why don't you just use an 18in round dish, unless you need 119 for some reason..

Texasbrit is right right the SD's are on the 101. So unless one is looking for their SD Locals on the 119, it's not needed. Correcting that, some SonicTap music used to be on the 119 too. If one drives out from under their local spotbeam, their Locals, if on the 119, will be gone too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts