H25 Component & Composite Out Simultaneously

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adryan16

Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
I've searched both here and across the web, but haven't found an answer. I haven't called tech support yet, but I figured I might have better luck here anyway.

I have an H25 in my office with the component out cable hooked up to an older tube tv lacking HDMI. I also have a TV in the garage that Is out of reach of any coax jacks, that I use a wireless repeater/mirror to display what my office box is outputting. However, my repeater only has composite in. When I have both the component and composite cables hooked up, the box displays a warning stating that I am not hooked up to a high def monitor, and to hold Exit (or some button) to reset the picture. I place a higher priority on having the high def signal out over component for my actual high def tv, but having the cable hooked up for my mirroring device seems to force me to change the output resolution/ratio. I'd love to be able to just ignore or exit out of the warning/message that forces the change, but have not figured out how to do so. Any ideas, or things I can clarify?

Can't do it. As soon as the cable is hooked up it will trigger the receiver to display that message.

Hmm, I don't like to hear that. So, I suppose my option is down to getting a component splitter, and then component->composite converter to avoid the message? Seems like a rats nest of wires, but if there's not a way around it, so be it. Thanks for the response.

Another option is to get an HDMI to composite converter, and then both the outputs from the box will be HD and the message won't appear.
But this solution won't work with HBO or the other premium movie channels, because they require HDMI compliance and as far as I know the HDMI-to-composite converters won't pass the compliance test.
If you have HBO etc then the solution you propose, a component splitter and then component-to-composite converter, is the only one that will work.

OSD771 said:
It has to be hooked up to an hd Tv for it to not display it.

Well, technically it is hooked up to an HDTV (via component) but its also hooked up to the composite outputs. One thing I've noticed is that if you power on the HDTV first, the power on the H25, then power on the other TV, it doesn't seem to mind. But, it's still a little bit of a pain in the rear to go upstairs turn the TV on, turn the box on, turn the TV off, go back out to the garage, an then turn that TV on. It's a workaround, but not an ideal one. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone else havingn short black outs on recordings?

Switch from Fios TV to DirecTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)