H25's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Well the new guide found its flaw! h25's are dropping MRV without any reason, had a service call today and found out. Called ISS and they confirmed it's a national issue and they're working on the problem. I reverted back to the old software for the sub and the MRV kicked right back in. Anybody else ran across this yet?

I'll have the occasional problem where the 30 second skip doesn't work & I have to reboot,but I've never dropped an MRV. I've had my H25 on CE's since as soon as I could start downloading them to it.

royrdsjr said:
I'll have the occasional problem where the 30 second skip doesn't work & I have to reboot,but I've never dropped an MRV. I've had my H25 on CE's since as soon as I could start downloading them to it.

The sub just had NR, what's weird is one 25 was fine and the other wasn't working. After customer service was finished with him none of his MRV would work so they made a service call. By the time I got there today everything was back working except the 25's. I just couldn't believe Directv hadn't released this information to us techs! Makes it kind of hard to fix a problem that doesn't have a solution!

My three H25s won't play any programs on the HR34. The install is only 2 days old. I can pull programs from my other DVR onto them. Any thoughts?

I have 2 H25's and an H24 networked with an HR24. All three of them will occasionally tell me they can't find a dvr. Sometimes it just is a matter of waiting a moment or telling it to try again, sometimes I need to turn the box off and back on, and once in a while I need to reboot it. And I'm not supposed to get the new GUI until tomorrow.

Bogy said:
I have 2 H25's and an H24 networked with an HR24. All three of them will occasionally tell me they can't find a dvr. Sometimes it just is a matter of waiting a moment or telling it to try again, sometimes I need to turn the box off and back on, and once in a while I need to reboot it. And I'm not supposed to get the new GUI until tomorrow.

The issue it it falls off line all together. They don't ping back to Directv or talk to DVRs. Once this happens the only thing to do is force a download back to the old version and wait

I have one H25 on the HD gui (like it) and the HR34. I routinely get an error when trying to play recorded programs from the HR34 on the H25. Started before the HD gui upgrade. I usually have to pull the power on the H25 to get it working again. Had D* for just under 2 weeks.

Muckrak3r said:
I have one H25 on the HD gui (like it) and the HR34. I routinely get an error when trying to play recorded programs from the HR34 on the H25. Started before the HD gui upgrade. I usually have to pull the power on the H25 to get it working again. Had D* for just under 2 weeks.

The issue I'm referring to doesn't give a error code. Just pulls up the "to do list" and that's it yet when you check MRV it's authorized on the receiver.

The issue I get (happening right now again) is when I try to start a recording from the HR34 on the H25, it says "We are having trouble accessing this program, would you like to try again?" The options are to try again or cancel. I end up having to pull the power cord from the H25.... Getting really annoying.

Muckrak3r said:
The issue I get (happening right now again) is when I try to start a recording from the HR34 on the H25, it says "We are having trouble accessing this program, would you like to try again?" The options are to try again or cancel. I end up having to pull the power cord from the H25.... Getting really annoying.

Force a download. It's going to go back to the old blue guide but it fixes the problem. When the patch is released it will force itself on the 25's

It's an H25 issue that was reported well before the new software.....

Interesting. I've had MRV issues since I got my service installed. I've already had one H25 replaced. I get the same thing where I have to continually hit try again until it'll work; and sometimes it won't even after hitting it over and over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)