Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H21 • H23 • H24 • H25
HR20 • HR21 • HR22 • HR23 • HR24
(all manufacturers)

Note that this is now a unified thread for ALL HD receivers and DVRs except H20.

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, December 23, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30 AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Low Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
If you revert to national, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You will lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hours to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

. "Under-the-hood" and "stability" improvements are expected with every release and are not noted here.

New features
{CE:29:01} 0x058C/0X458C
Energy Star
YouTube and TV Apps launch icons
New key mappings
Trickplay will never work when the picture is in a window.
Playlist: {DASH} now brings up the Options menu (equivalent to {YELLOW})
Playlist: {PAUSE} now starts playing back the highlighted recording
Live TV/Recording Playback: {ENTER} brings up the mini-guide
Guide and Mini-Guide: {FFW} and {REW} now jump forward or back 12 hours (equivalent to {GREEN} and {RED})
Pressing {ENTER} on a highlighted program in your playlist will toggle it to KEEP and back, like {BLUE} button does now.
{DASH} now brings up the guide options while in the guide.
{DASH}-{DASH} no longer functions to delete an item from the playlist.
{CE:29:04} 0x0592/0x4592
Dvrs only: Pandora Radio

Improved/Updated
{CE:29:01} 0x058C/0X458C
My DIRECTV
Menu Icons
2 Second banner
Under the hood
{CE:29:02} 0x058D/0x458D
My DIRECTV
Menu icons
TV resolution Checkboxes
{CE:29:04} 0x0592/0x4592
Progress bar improved

I'm going to be trying this tonight on my HR-20, can someone explain what this means?:

"If you revert to national, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI"

Thank you

Unless you have the current national HD release if you decide to do the 0-2-4-6-8 outside of CE hours (like Sunday afternoon) you'll get the old GUI (the blue one)

I've never done the other keyword thing

I'm going to try the CE tonight, hopefully I will get back the Channel Logos that I lost from the older CE I had been running, when I downloaded the CE from 12/16. I also didn't get Pandora from the 12/16 CE.

John

I'm going to try the CE tonight, hopefully I will get back the Channel Logos that I lost from the older CE I had been running, when I downloaded the CE from 12/16. I also didn't get Pandora from the 12/16 CE.

John

same here yet no Pandora after the reboot

have pandora here on my hr 24/200 hd dvr receiver but still not on my nr 24/200 hd receiver :)

Google TV issue

I run my H24-200 through Google TV and the old program guide worked (and looked fine). Did the upgrade on this one (and my other two HR20-700's). Looks great on the HR 20's, but the background on the H24-200 is white instead of black. Not sure if it's a DirecTV issue or a Google TV issue. Any other information needed from me to help fix this?

P.S. Pandora is gone for me, too.

I run my H24-200 through Google TV and the old program guide worked (and looked fine). Did the upgrade on this one (and my other two HR20-700's). Looks great on the HR 20's, but the background on the H24-200 is white instead of black. Not sure if it's a DirecTV issue or a Google TV issue. Any other information needed from me to help fix this?

P.S. Pandora is gone for me, too.

Can you try hooking it to a different TV to see if you get the correct screen ?

You just have to persevere. My H25 is very moody when it comes to CE downloads. I may reboot 2-3 times until it takes,but eventually it will.

It has been doing this for hours. Gets to 94% then sits there for about 20 minutes then starts downloading again and gets to 94% and gets stuck for 20 minutes then starts over again.

It has been doing this for hours. Gets to 94% then sits there for about 20 minutes then starts downloading again and gets to 94% and gets stuck for 20 minutes then starts over again.
Either keep trying or give it a break & try again Saturday Night. My H25 will go up to the teens or maybe just a little higher & my screen turns to snow. I just keep rebooting until it finally takes the new CE or.........(but it has never come to "or..........." yet).

Also,I just sit there & watch it to make sure the CE takes. I almost never leave it alone by itself like my other receivers,because I want to be there to reboot it immediately if it acts up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)