Halo 3 Split Screen...One Huge Dissappointment

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I like the single player campaign, multiplayer is great to an extent. I like to play with my friends online with the guest account, however when i do play with the guest accoutn it looks like crap. Bars on the sides, lower resolution. I am totally unimpressed with this.

Personally, I have a feeling that the white box may not be capable of this, but i may be wrong. I saw something about it being for better aspect ratio and viewing, but i certainly liked Gears 2 player split screen way way better than this.

haha. Well on a free account on my PSN i get two player split screen. for the FULL screen. And Even if one of my friends had an XBL account, and signed into it before the game, the black bars would still exist. Which is BS. Bungie should have worked this out.

The reason for that is because it is two 16X9 images, they don't want to stretch it across the screen.

you could but you would then be missing some image. That would be like two 4:3 images instead of two 16x9. I just wish everything would be in 2:35.1

I've yet to hear how it compares to the past versions. I want to know if the game play has a new perspective, or if its similar to either of the past games. I feel that the original game's perspective was better than any other first person shooter that has ever came out. The second on the other hand is awful. They have created a tiny learning curve for this game, making it easy for beginners, but frustrating for people that play often.

Countysky

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a bad game, but it is certainly no Resistance or Warhawk. The "bought and sold" reviews are way overrated IMO.

Now now, you Sony fanboys can go wallow in the corner and stop trying to piss on our parade. 4 MILLION copies shipped to retailers, 2 million+ sold already in store and via preorders. Yes, it's not the second coming, but it will still be the only thing people will want to talk about for the next month or so... Meanwhile, Warhawk was greeted by a collective yawn by both the press and gamers. The hardcore fans are getting 360s while the rest grab their Wiis (snicker)..

Hey, you still got a BluRay player with your PS3. Enjoy those Disney movies...

OK, didn't mean to come off as snarky as I did, but I couldn't let teh Sony fanboys bash us without saying SOMETHING....

Hey HPman,... I'm still planning on getting a Sony Black Pearl Front Projector, so I'm not totally anti-Sony....

Really? Warhawk did get some really nice reviews, and it a pretty decent game. don't knock it till you try it.

Lets just see how many people complain they can't play Halo 3 when there systems Red Rings :p

I am changing the title to reflect what you dissapointment is. It is very misleading.

Did you guys know this is running in 640p. This game isn't even high definition. Great Job Bungie. The more i play the game the more i dislike it. Was fun at first, but now it's lacking.

Sounds bogus to me, 640p?? Is this even a resolution the 360 can output? 480, 720 or 1080, but 640?? My copy is lost in the good ol' USPS system so I haven't been able to check for myself.

Sounds bogus to me, 640p?? Is this even a resolution the 360 can output? 480, 720 or 1080, but 640?? My copy is lost in the good ol' USPS system so I haven't been able to check for myself.

N4G.com : Bungie Responds to 640p Claims

Bungie confirms that Halo 3 does indeed run natively at 640p and explains why this is so - simply, for their lighting engine:

"One item making the interwebs rounds this week was the scandalous revelation that Halo 3 runs at “640p” which isn’t even technically a resolution. However, the interweb detectives did notice that Halo 3’s vertical resolution, when captured from a frame buffer, is indeed 640 pixels. So what gives? Did we short change you 80 pixels?

Naturally it’s more complicated than that. In fact, you could argue we gave you 1280 pixels of vertical resolution, since Halo 3 uses not one, but two frame buffers – both of which render at 1152x640 pixels. The reason we chose this slightly unorthodox resolution and this very complex use of two buffers is simple enough to see – lighting. We wanted to preserve as much dynamic range as possible – so we use one for the high dynamic range and one for the low dynamic range values. Both are combined to create the finished on screen image.

I have Halo 3, my username for the 360 is: KingdomHeaven (say Hi to me when you see me! and don't ownzor me with the sniper rifle kthxbai)
The Halo 3 split screen 4 player is a disappointment, you arent missing out anything since I have the full live account subscription for 12 months...but the single solo player is amazing and the multiplayer itself is off the hook.
I am a PS3 guy, but Halo 3 met all the requirements I was looking for (except maybe better graphics but hey! when you play Gears, everything else looks plain).
Anyways Halo 3 storyline is decent and multiplayer is totally amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts