Hard Drive erro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
I have a HR21-100 and getting this error message. I disconnected the Hard drive however still getting this error.
I don't care about the HD so is there anything I can do to fix this without buying a new hard drive
thanks

Attachments

• 20140614_190306.jpg
    20140614_190306.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 102
I have a HR21-100 and getting this error message. I disconnected the Hard drive however still getting this error.
I don't care about the HD so is there anything I can do to fix this without buying a new hard drive
thanks
You mean you disconnected an external drive and the error still occurred? Or you disconnected the internal drive?
You can't run the DVR without a drive. Call DirecTV and get a replacement DVR. $20 shipping, free if you have the protection plan.

I disconnected the internal Drive. This is a owned reciever.
So I have to have a hard drive in order for this to work.

I thought I just could remove the internal drive and be good.. they must have something written int he OS

I thought I just could remove the internal drive and be good.. they must have something written int he OS
You definitely need a HD of some sort, internal or external in order to run the DVR ...

Have you tried disconnecting the internal and using an external to see if it will work ?

No I have maybe I will dig one up. Thanks for the heads up I thought these could work with just removing the HD

It's a DVR. It won't work at all without the disk drive, it won't even boot up.

yep it worked once I connected a internal drive. I was hopeing this would work without a HD.

I might have to sell this one to get one without a harddrive.

yep it worked once I connected a internal drive. I was hopeing this would work without a HD.

I might have to sell this one to get one without a harddrive.

That would be a receiver. Receivers don't have hard drives. And of course can't record anything.
Why don't you want a hard drive?

You can go as small as 320gb, any desktop SATA drive should work ok, especially if you aren't recording much.

I would imagine you can find a smaller used hard drive for $20-$30 in a local computer repair shop or craigslist.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Appointment Set After Receiving Great Directv Genie Upgrade Deal

Recordings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts