Harman Kardon AVR 135 Speaker Setup

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
This is kind of a shot in the dark. I recently moved one of my home theater setups and it involved shutting sown my receiver and replacing my subwoofer.

Now that everything is nicely in the new cabinet I ran the channel adjust diagnostic and it does not seem to send a test tone to the subwoofer (only to the other speakers). I do hear bass and I can see the subwoofer in the setup just no test tome.

While it is unlikely that any of you has this receiver I was just wondering if anyone might have even a similar one and might be familiar with the diagnostic screens.

I have the AVR 125. Not a powerful receiver but has great specs and sounds great too! Found your manual. Pages 20&21. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• MANUAL000073294.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 508
Last edited:
I have the AVR 125. Not a powerful receiver but has great specs and sounds great too! Found your manual. Pages 20&21. I hope this helps.

I have the manual. I have also called HK suppoI am doing what the manual describes but still no test tone to the subwoofer.

Thanks for trying though Frank.

Now I think about it that would be a rca connection. That's weired. You get normal input sound, just no tone, err hiss from the leveling circuit. I wish I could help. My stuff has been hooked up so long........Which reminds me I probably need to do some cleaning back there.:eek: My 125 is in the bedroom.

I did some cursory googling and found that the subwoofer output level is not adjustable using the test tone with the 135.:confused: I would try it on my 125 but there is no sub in the bedroom. Good Luck Geronimo! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Last edited:
I did some cursory googling and found that the subwoofer output level is not adjustable using the test tone with the 135.:confused: I would try it on my 125 but there is no sub in the bedroom. Good Luck Geronimo! Sorry I couldn't help more.

you helped quite a bit. I can adjust the subwoofer using the channel adjust screen. It is just that when i hit test tone on it all blanks out. I am curious though about what that google search found.

I have a 340 and a 347 and it's been a while since I ran the setup on them, but I seem to remember the test tone not working for the subs on them either even though ezQ set it up well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)