Has anyone connected a Bell receiver to the Internet in the USA?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if Bell would monitor the IP addresses from which the receivers would connect for the On Demand services?

Someone told me that they could already have the non-Canadian IP addresses blocked or they could possibly disconnect the account.

Does anyone know?

I won't even have a Homeplug (Ethernet over power line) in the house, because my receiver might connect over it.

I have two 9242 receivers hooked up to Cablevision internet. I have Crave TV it works on demand with no problem. I take my receivers with me to Prince Edward Island with no problems either in Connecticut or Canada.

I have two 9242 receivers hooked up to Cablevision internet. I have Crave TV it works on demand with no problem. I take my receivers with me to Prince Edward Island with no problems either in Connecticut or Canada.
I might be too far south in Chicago but I'm struggling to get a good signal. I have a few transponders in the 50's on 82 and nothing on 91 ( which is fine). Can someone provide suggestions or a contact? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)