Has anyone gotten promo pricing on Internet plan?

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I really hate the audio quality on Sirius satellite broadcasts. But, I do keep a sub active using promo pricing. I use it mostly for news and comedy.
Even back when it sounded decent, I still couldn't justify the $15/mo, and generally got them to give me promo pricing 5 or 6 months at a time.
But, as I have unlimited 4G on my phone, BT audio on my car system, and their streaming sounds decent, I was wondering if similar promo pricing was available for the Internet plan.
I'd consider switching, I think. I'd just have to weigh how much of an inconvenience it is to deal with the phone vs the car system.

That still seems kinda pricey. Almost full price, isn't it?

I was talking about the common promo pricing for satellite radio of $25 for 5 or 6 months, but for Internet-only, instead of satellite.

I believe the full retail price on All Access is about $199.00 per year or $18.99 per month.

Last edited:
I believe the full retail price on All Access is about $199.00 per year or $18.99 per month.
But, doesn't it include both satellite and internet?

I was wondering if they offered promo pricing for Internet-only similar to the $25 for 5 or 6 months of Satellite-only programming, as the Internet-only plan is normally priced the same $15/mo as the Satellite-only plan.

Even at the discounted rate $10/mo, it's still seems a little high to me. But, if I decided to go for it, is there a specific promo code? But,I suppose I can just add Internet for $4/mo to a Satellite plan that is using the $25 for 6 mos promo.

I was wondering if they offered promo pricing for Internet-only similar to the $25 for 5 or 6 months of Satellite-only programming, as the Internet-only plan is normally priced the same $15/mo as the Satellite-only plan.

Even at the discounted rate $10/mo, it's still seems a little high to me. But, if I decided to go for it, is there a specific promo code? But,I suppose I can just add Internet for $4/mo to a Satellite plan that is using the $25 for 6 mos promo.
Yes, the All Access is both satellite and internet.

UPDATE: I just signed up for the 30-day free trial. The web access is pretty nice. But, the Android app leaves something to be desired. No horizontal orientation!!! And, very small fonts and graphics. Not very car-friendly.

I do like the MySXM feature, where you can fine-tune the channels somewhat more to your liking. Also, I haven't heard any DJ's so far. It seems as if these streams are different from the satellite feeds, other than the channel names and genres within.

But, they really need to look at their Internet-only pricing structure, as $9.99 seems to be the magic price point for most Net music services (Play, Spotify, Slacker, etc). Plus, PandoraOne is only $3, and iHeartRadio is free.

But, the Android app leaves something to be desired. No horizontal orientation!!!

Wow...that is sad after all this time. I remember complaining to them several times about the lack of a landscape mode, way back when the apps first came out, long before I eventually dropped the streaming portion of my subscription in favor of Slacker and Pandora.

Wow...that is sad after all this time. I remember complaining to them several times about the lack of a landscape mode, way back when the apps first came out, long before I eventually dropped the streaming portion of my subscription in favor of Slacker and Pandora.
Maybe they don't want to compete with their satellite service in the auto space? If the streaming app was too easy to use the app in the car, many people would drop the satellite service.
Until they make it more car-friendly, I'll just let the trial expire. Pandora, at $3/mo, and iHeartRadio at $0 (which has a separate car-friendly app), is good enough for now.

I switched to internet only service a while back, when my antenna line broke. I use it all the time, mostly for Howard Stern. I wish there was an a la cart option for the few channels I listen to... Or is there that I don't know about?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does the WiFi equipped radios need the internet subscription to listen over WiFi? If they don't then you could possibly tether using a mobile hotspot while keeping one of the lower prices $25 plans.

Does the WiFi equipped radios need the internet subscription to listen over WiFi? If they don't then you could possibly tether using a mobile hotspot while keeping one of the lower prices $25 plans.
I don't know what that is. But, I don't wish to purchase another device. I would like to use my smartphone in the car, my PC at work, and Roku at home. That way I can not only enjoy the better audio quality and higher bitrate of their Internet streaming vs the low bitrate porr audio quality of their satellite broadcast AND the customization and lack of DJ blather of MySXM. I really like the MySXM feature.

I wish I was as easily pleased.
If you have quality equipment, then you will receive quality audio. If you have junk then it probably does sound like garbage. I can assure you that my XMp3i delivers a cleaner, brighter and dynamic sound product than any internet feed. I am pleased with quality and I have it.

If you have quality equipment, then you will receive quality audio. If you have junk then it probably does sound like garbage. I can assure you that my XMp3i delivers a cleaner, brighter and dynamic sound product than any internet feed. I am pleased with quality and I have it.
Incorrect. But, I am glad you are pleased. As I said, if I was as easily pleased, my problem would be moot.

Your audio quality can only be as good as what is fed into it. And, at the bitrates they use for their satellite transmission, it starts out at a severe disadvantage, and simply cannot sound as good as the internet stream. (Unless, perhaps, the audio equipment you use to listen to the Internet stream is garbage.)

Plus, judging by your model #, you have an XM radio, which does sound better than ones using the Sirius system, due to the way the system manages bitrates and compression.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't know what that is. But, I don't wish to purchase another device. I would like to use my smartphone in the car, my PC at work, and Roku at home. That way I can not only enjoy the better audio quality and higher bitrate of their Internet streaming vs the low bitrate porr audio quality of their satellite broadcast AND the customization and lack of DJ blather of MySXM. I really like the MySXM feature.
I really love my internet subscription because of the following reasons. 1) Live sports is a big selling point for me. All rolled up in one app and the ability to start any baseball game within 6 hours of the start is awesome. 2) Howard Stern is better than ever. 3) The talk stations like Mad Dog and Entertainment Radio are very cool to have. 4) Like you said, MySXM is great. To me all of that is way better than anything from satellite since it does sound better. I also agree that they have to work on the app and put a car mode because the print is just way too small. Not many people have unlimited data so I don't think it should stop them from adding a car mode on their app. I do feel that if I didn't already have a lifetime subscription I would pay for the internet only price if it was $10 per month. It's so worth it. Way better than Pandora

Reactions: whitewolf8214

Adding the Internet to my package is always $25 for me and no it's Not part of the package, at least when I call them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts