Have you experienced lockups since Sunday morning?

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Over the past couple of days several people experienced significant lockup problems with their STBs. Just to see how widespread the problem is let's have a quick poll. Please select all options that apply to you. Please describe the symptoms in this thread.

Recent symptoms

I've been a sub since late May. I've had only one lock up until about a week ago. Since then my box locks up about once per day. Seems like it happens around the same time every evening. Tonight I noticed some pixelation and a picture freeze as well. This went on for about 2 to 3 minutes and then it cleared up.

Now I'm convinced that I have to be one of the luckiest people who post here. I haven't had any STB problems at all, and it is the original STB that I got on 1/2/2004. I had to unplug/plug 1 time when I added a second HDTV through a splitter, and I did 1 factory re-set just to see what it would do, but that's it. I don't turn it off at night.

Mine went dead as of Monday morning and has yet to revive despite over 20 attempts. VOOM tells me that it is a problem on their end and it may day several more days to correct and send new software. I can't even watch local OTA DTV. Nothing...NADA. Why some seem totally fried and others no problem is a mystery to me. I have or had 5.68. I think of have the Flinstone Software version now. A forzen rock.

Westbender said:
I've been a sub since late May. I've had only one lock up until about a week ago. Since then my box locks up about once per day. Seems like it happens around the same time every evening. Tonight I noticed some pixelation and a picture freeze as well. This went on for about 2 to 3 minutes and then it cleared up.

Same here except that I've been a subscriber since 6/1 and I find problems in the very early mornings (5-6 AM) as well as evenings. The pixelization and picture freeze did clear up on 101, but now I seem to have lost all my locals! :( :no

Reboots have helped in the past, so guess I'll try that now, since I've missed the Amazing Race anyway! :river

Vicki

had my reciever since they were all replaced in January, never had to reboot, never had a lockup. I DO turn it off at night

Have two STBs: one with the newer firmware and one with the older one. Monday late morning both of the started to have problems. Problems included: complete freeze; no picture (but sounds); no picture + no sound; inability to switch the STBs off. In all cases a reset cured the problem temporarily.
Informed Voom CSR about the problem and she noted it with my account. Said that they are working on a fix, but it's taking longer than expected. Asked whether they would knock off the trouble days from my bill and she said that we can talk about this when things are back in order.

I urge everybody with problem to call 1-800-GET-VOOM and tell them that you're having problems. Only if they hear from you and hear that you're disappointed it'll help.

Tobias

No lockups for me, I just had the guide data go out to just a few hours on 2 seperate ocassions but now it's back to normal.

Since Sunday I have had two lockups....I had to reboot once and everthing went back to normal. Before Sunday I hadnt had a lockup for a mth or so.

Who has gotten red light dead box fix?

Moving charges/DVI new box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)