Having EHD Issues with DISH and CSRs are unable to help

My first thought when I read what the OP said was "CALM DOWN." It blows my mind how worked up people can get about small problems like this. Take a step back, breathe and think about the greater problems in the world.

Cut the guy a break. He heard this from a customer service rep and yea it pissed him off. Things like that happen. The sad thing is there are people on this board that troll the board and threads for stuff like this were people vent. That way they can make some comments and make themselves feel important. Just like someone else on here said. It's really sad and pathetic.

I am not talking about you sir. We are all human and vent from time to time.

Last edited:
Nobody "knee jerked". Poster was reporting what they were told. "Knee jerking" would be adding snarky comments whenever possible to (I guess) make oneself feel more important.

You are exactly right! I hate that if you have someone on ignore you can see their posts in a quote. Is there anyway to change that?

thanks everyone. I'll chalk it up to the uniformed CSR or deliberate attempt by Dish to not fix it. who knows what the actual reason is.

does anyone know if the new DirecTV Genie + Genie mini have the same "bug" ?

For others that said I am worked up over nothing, knee jerked, and others that defended me - thank you for sharing your thoughts. if you are not outraged by dish controlling whats recorded on your DVR, thats fine.

Unless they don't want it "fixed". I would love for DIRT to hop on here and tell us yes, it is an unintentional "bug" and they plan to fix it as 'soon' as possible. I'm betting we won't hear anything from DIRT on this - this reeks of a handshake deal with the cable networks. Let the buyer beware.

It is a known issue for the Hopper, Hopper with Sling and Joey. The cause is still being investigated. Those having the issue will be able to watch recordings from programming they no longer subscribe to once this is corrected.

Cut the guy a break. He heard this from a customer service rep and yea it pissed him off. Things like that happen. The sad thing is there are people on this board that troll the board and threads for stuff like this were people vent. That way they can make some comments and make themselves feel important. Just like someone else on here said. It's really sad and pathetic.

I am not talking about you sir. We are all human and vent from time to time.

I'll give credit for some venting, everyone needs that sometimes. I dislike when people go overboard with it sometimes though. One of the great things about this site is that you can vent and hopefully get your problem solved before any drastic measures are taken.

Are you able to view the recordings on the Dish Anywhere App? I'm upgrading to the Hopper on Sunday. One of the big reasons I didn't switch to Direct is the 6 years of recorded movies on my two external HD's (a lot of them from when Dish had that Cinemax for a penny a year for two years). I certainly hope they work out the bug quickly.

I have been hearing about this problem for a while now. Looks like some bugs with the Hopper that need to be worked on. I wonder if Dish would give credits for the package needed for the recordings to work properly.

It is a known issue for the Hopper, Hopper with Sling and Joey. The cause is still being investigated. Those having the issue will be able to watch recordings from programming they no longer subscribe to once this is corrected.

I am almost relieved. I have held onto my 622 despite all the nifty features in the hopper. It was hard, because I really wanted to buy a hopper, but I have noticed before that the EHD interface on DISH products is more prone to bugs than the other features and I suspected something like this would come along. So glad now that I waited!

And if it hasn't been fixed a year after being reported, then they must be working on even bigger problems...

Thanks Zach for leveling with us. It's good to know that we have a source who will be straight with us. People like you keep me a DISH customer.

I am almost relieved. I have held onto my 622 despite all the nifty features in the hopper. It was hard, because I really wanted to buy a hopper, but I have noticed before that the EHD interface on DISH products is more prone to bugs than the other features and I suspected something like this would come along. So glad now that I waited!

And if it hasn't been fixed a year after being reported, then they must be working on even bigger problems...

Thanks Zach for leveling with us. It's good to know that we have a source who will be straight with us. People like you keep me a DISH customer.

You're welcome. Keep in mind that not all Hoppers are affected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)