Having trouble tuning in Fox?

RLM

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Directv has cancelled Channel 40 the local NFL channel for our area.

So I am scrambling trying to get an Over the Air antenna to watch the game on Sunday.
An indoor antenna is my only option.

I live in area code 94534.

I bought a well reviewed but cheaper

Philips Rabbit Ears Indoor TV Antenna, Dipoles and Circular Loop, Tabletop Antenna, Digital, Smart TV Compatible, HDTV Antenna, 4K 1080P VHF UHF​

Installed it in a window, and did a scan on a Sharp LCD TV. It scanned about 70 channels and found over 25.

However, only about 12 were viewable, nothing showed on the others.

I did not receive any of the Fox Channel, Sacramento, 40.1 UHF, or San Francisco Channel 2.1 VHF, about 33 miles.

However, I received perfectly NBC 54 miles away with a weak signal.

What is going on???????

Why am I not getting Fox. It is so much closer and shows as a strong signal.

I ordered another antenna.

Vansky TV Antenna Indoor, Digital Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna, 1080p VHF UHF Television Local Channels​

Can any one help me here so I can watch my local teams.

Directv once again has done this to their customers.

The Antennas Direct search is useless, it just blindly goes by distance and doesn't take terrain or the stations' power levels and patterns into account. Like for me it claims my "strongest" signal is a VHF LPTV station from 23 miles away, even though it's only 0.024 kW and has a null towards my direction to protect the full power station I actually get on that RF number.

Post a link to a RabbitEars search for your location instead, it will provide a lot more technical details

A quick search for that zip code though shows a lot of potential terrain issues surrounding that area due to the Vaca Mountains, so an indoor antenna might not work at your location if they are in the path between you and Sacramento.