HBO For 10 Bucks

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So I logged on to my Dish account today, and a pop-up came up offering me HBO for 10 dollars a month. Is this the deal I have been reading about? Does it mean I get HBO for 10 dollars a month till I stop it? When I click to accept, it just takes me to my programming and I can change it there. Doesn't say anything about the duration of the offer.

Might be. If you want to know for sure you can call DISH and ask the csr if it is $10.00 for the life of the account like I was told or not.

They need to do something to compete, however I now have Charter and for an additional $10 a month I can have EVERY HBO channel offered, EVERY Showtime channel offered and EVERY CINEMAX channel as well. But then my tv bill would be $59.99 a month and more than I really want to spend on tv. but still $10 less than I was paying DISH a year and a half ago when I left.

Yup was offered that as soon I as logged in as well: HBO offer from Dish.JPG

Damn, I such a cheapskate though. I'm waiting for HBO Now to come out on Roku so I can take advantage of their one month free offer before I consider doing the Dish offer.

So I logged on to my Dish account today, and a pop-up came up offering me HBO for 10 dollars a month. Is this the deal I have been reading about? Does it mean I get HBO for 10 dollars a month till I stop it? When I click to accept, it just takes me to my programming and I can change it there. Doesn't say anything about the duration of the offer.

Thanks for the heads up! I went to my account (already have HBO ($19)) but no popup. So I went through the antics of pretending to remove it off my account, got popup on second page offering it for $10! Sounds good to me :).
Gerry

I signed up. Just shows up as HBO special price on my programming. Looks like it will stay there as long as I don't change anything.

I wonder, I have read that Comcast hit a cap with HBO where so many customers have it, that it does not cost Comcast any more money to sign up additional customers. I wonder if Dish has hit the cap as well? Or perhaps they are close enough?

IMO, HBO is seasonal. Spring to Summer, after that, Showtime for the Fall. So I always drop one for the other.

I see it actually says when you sign up "Everyday Price" as posted above and as I see when I signed up for it. That does tend ease my skepticism of there not being an end date. As posted if you have HBO take the steps to delete it and before you actually agree to delete it you should see the offer. (Assuming all customers get the offer)
One wonders if Directv has this offer, as I would think they would.

I got the postcard in the mail today. You can also get the Movie pack for only 5 dollars a month for 6 months. The offers expire October 30 so better act fast.
image.jpg
image.jpg

What does all the small print say? (Generally) for HBO? I do have the movie pack for 1/2 off also.

I got the postcard in the mail today. You can also get the Movie pack for only 5 dollars a month for 6 months. The offers expire October 30 so better act fast. View attachment 110093View attachment 110094
The movie pack, aka BB@H, has been offered 1/2 for 6 months for the last 2 1/2 years. As soon as it goes full price, you remove it and it gives you the option to renew your 6 months.

Actually, other than HBO, all the premiums, and the MSP, and the Epix, and Heartland, and Encore have been offered half off for that long.

Reactions: fhsucade07
What does all the small print say? (Generally) for HBO? I do have the movie pack for 1/2 off also.

HBO OFFER says" only available for customers in good standing with qualifying dish service who are currently not subscribed to the package(s) selected.
DISH MOVIE PACK Offer says "after 6 months, then current monthly price applies unless you call or go online to downgrade. All prices packages are subject to change without notice"

Reactions: Tampa8
God bless these forums Scott! I have saved SO much $$ with little inside info like this being posted. HD free for life($10) and now HBO at 1/2 price! Not to mention the 1/2 off Movie pack,Skinemax, and Showtime when you go to remove them online.Thanks Satelliteguys for saving me so much money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)