HBO Orders J.J. Abrams, Jerry Weintraub 'Westworld' Adaptation

I was just telling a younger guy(31) at my job about West World and Future World the other day. He had never heard of either one. Reason why, I had a crush on Blythe Danner when I was around 14 when the movie came out and we were talking about our first crushes. I also liked Jenny Agutter, who payed Jessica 6 in Logan's Run -but that was because she had a cool English Accent and she showed her boobs in the movie. :D Oh... 1976 was a good year for my teenage fantasies.;)

It has been a long time since I saw that movie... I am going to have to get around to watching it again before this series comes out.

The drama, about an adult amusement park populated by lifelike robots, is attracting an A-list ensemble cast

HBO's Westworld is building an A-list ensemble cast — despite the fact that most of the actors will play robots. Actually, that's the allure.

Based on Michael Crichton's 1973 film and written by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, the pilot stars Anthony Hopkins in his first series-regular role as an inventor who runs an adult amusement park populated by lifelike robots.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter these androids — played by castmembers including James Marsden, Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton — can be killed off and return with completely different personas, allowing actors to play many characters in the same season.

That creative device, one top talent agent says, is helping HBO attract a premier cast (which also includes Ed Harris, Miranda Otto and Jeffrey Wright). And unlike the actors on such anthology series as FX's American Horror Story and HBO's own True Detective, which reboot themselves every season, the cast of Westworld is signing multiyear deals.

hollywoodreporter.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)