HBO Zone in free preview?

If u are going to issue a "press release" saying the HBO Zone was going to be included in the preview.Where the Heck is it??

The Dirt team would have no control over this in the first place.

Let's see, I get something for free and I want something extra because i didn't get it free fast enough.... :rolleyes:

I see the originator of the post that got my dander up deleted his post. I think I'll leave my dander here just the same so he can remember it... ;)

Last edited:
Let's see, I get something for free and I want something extra because i didn't get it free fast enough.... :rolleyes:

Actually, not something extra... I want what they promised.
4 days of all HBO channels.
If Zone only got turned on today, than I would expect an extra day of Zone at the end of the free preview.

If the supermarket can't deliver on a promotion they give you a raincheck... What happens if Dish can't deliver on an advertised free preview?
I would hope the answer would not be as ridiculous as "Well you got 3 days out of 4 for free, so that's good enough".

... What happens if Dish can't deliver on an advertised free preview?
I would hope the answer would not be as ridiculous as "Well you got 3 days out of 4 for free, so that's good enough".

You're actually serious? If they can't deliver on it then you don't get it. End of story. S--t happens. And yes, you got all but one channel for all the days, so that indeed is good enough.
And if we are going to be that picky, it was supposed be turned on starting on the 15th, no time given. So, 1/2 day less. Good chance it won't be turned off till around 2 or 3 AM, so 9 hours less.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
panache70 said:
Actually, not something extra... I want what they promised.
4 days of all HBO channels.
If Zone only got turned on today, than I would expect an extra day of Zone at the end of the free preview.

If the supermarket can't deliver on a promotion they give you a raincheck... What happens if Dish can't deliver on an advertised free preview?

Try moving to PR/USVI We don't even get it at all, now about them apples

Why did you lose the supers when you signed up for HBO?

I don't know if it's because I used the online Account Management or if it's policy, but when I made a change to my programming I lost anything DISH didn't offer anymore. They don't have the Superstation Pack listed anymore, now it's $2/station/month. It's okay though. Just going to wait until Smallville is over and then shut them all off.

5 for $7. It is not actually listed, but if you pick all five and recalculate, it shows as the package in your programming.

Are we really having an issue over one missing channel? I didn't get HBO Zone until this morning, and only noticed because I was searching through the guide for something to watched and saw 308. Just be happy that you get to watch the entire service this time. 1.) In the past, Dish only previewed HBO, HBO2, and HBO Family (that's still a lot in my opinion), 2.) DirecTV doesn't get HBO Comedy at all, so I guess for a day we were even with them.

You're actually serious? If they can't deliver on it then you don't get it. End of story. S--t happens.

Wow, I suppose you do not own or operate a business.

If I ever told a customer "Sh--t happens" after making him a promise, I would be standing in the unemployment line.

You actually think it is ok for a company to promise something and than say "too bad" ?

HBO Zone is a very small issue but what would you do if Dish raised their rates next month, after promising a 2 year rate freeze?

Nothing I suppose... take it like a man, right?

Not me.

I will let them raise your rates, while I call loyalty to cancel their ass...

Dude, we are talking about something like 9 hours. They gave them to us, not in return for something we had to do. Your comparison is not valid to a supermarket advertising something for free if you come in. They could just as easily today, right now, say they had to cut the previews short and stop them..... technical reason, etc... If I had to sign up for something, or had to do something to get the preview, MAYBE I could see your point.
As I write this, I can think of times previews have started early. Should I have given something back to Dish for the extra free time I got?

You of course are free to drop Dish because you did not get one free channel for a few hours. If I were you, I would because if this upsets you, I can't imagine your anger when a channel you pay for is off air for 9 hours.

Last edited:
And to add a little fire to the discussion. Dish didn't advertise that it was going to have HBO Zone in the free preview, just HBO. The added channels were just put in, unadvertised. This is actually not the usual case. Most of the time a free preview is just the main channel.

I will have to say that it says channel 300-309, but the main thing here is that HBO is pushing Game of Thrones as a way to gain subscribers.

Free Satellite TV - Satellite Channel Previews on DISH Network

And I suspect they did not officially include HBO Zone, because it is only available in HD, so SD customers do not get it.

Dude, we are talking about something like 9 hours. They gave them to us, not in return for something we had to do. Your comparison is not valid to a supermarket advertising something for free if you come in. They could just as easily today, right now, say they had to cut the previews short and stop them..... technical reason, etc... If I had to sign up for something, or had to do something to get the preview, MAYBE I could see your point.
As I write this, I can think of times previews have started early. Should I have given something back to Dish for the extra free time I got?

You of course are free to drop Dish because you did not get one free channel for a few hours. If I were you, I would because if this upsets you, I can't imagine your anger when a channel you pay for is off air for 9 hours.

Just so I am clear, if Dish raises rates next month after promising a 2 yr rate freeze... You would be ok with that (assuming they claim a technical reason for raising rates) ?
Given you did not have to sign up for anything or do something to get the rate freeze, I guess it is ok if they change their mind now?

I know I was pushing the Zone thing to the extreme (it does say channels 300 to 309 on the preview channel by the way, which includes Zone), but the point is: big corps need to respect their promises. That's all.

Maybe now we can all get back to watching Zone while we still have it :)

Last edited:
Wow, I suppose you do not own or operate a business.

If I ever told a customer "Sh--t happens" after making him a promise, I would be standing in the unemployment line.

You actually think it is ok for a company to promise something and than say "too bad" ?

HBO Zone is a very small issue but what would you do if Dish raised their rates next month, after promising a 2 year rate freeze?

Nothing I suppose... take it like a man, right?

Not me.

I will let them raise your rates, while I call loyalty to cancel their ass...

I think you just need to call Dish and cancel since they don't meet or exceed your expectations. I'm sure Direct, Comcast, or even Time Warner might be able to meet those needs for you.
I'm sure Dish would be just fine with you going to one of them instead of clogging their phone lines with calls about a channel that they really didn't need to give you in the first place but were nice enough to offer a set of premium channels for the weekend...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)