HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

Just got home from town ... Updated :)

Thought this might be useful, it's a totals summary using this chart. Took me a couple of minutes, i didnt include PPV or Alternate Channels. I can send the updated spreadsheet if you wish.

Code:
Totals Summary         E*  D*
Regular                24  31
News                    2   4
Movies                  9  13
Sports (inc regional)  34  42
Grand Total            69  90

Total on E* Not on D*  18
Total on D* Not on E*      39

Thought this might be useful, it's a totals summary using this chart. Took me a couple of minutes, i didnt include PPV or Alternate Channels. I can send the updated spreadsheet if you wish.

Code:

sure... :)

Does Direct TV have a HD only Package?:)
I wish they did. If this proves to be successful and cost effective for Dish, you may see other providers do the same thing. The only downside is one is then stuck to watching SD stretch-o-vision on some of the HD channels.

Code:

Are there any non-VOOM channels that Dish has in HD that Direct does not have?

I wish they did. If this proves to be successful and cost effective for Dish, you may see other providers do the same thing. The only downside is one is then stuck to watching SD stretch-o-vision on some of the HD channels.

Actually with the HD only package you still get the SD version of the HD channels as well.

There are several SD only channels that you don't get, ie. MTV, VH1, E!,.... etc. plus others. For me the ones I no longer receive are not worth the extra $24 or so I was paying to have anyway. For me it was a no brainer.

Why do they call it an HD only pack? Who knows, but I can't complain.

With the HD Only Pack you only get the HD channels and any SD counterparts, that is it.

The channel choice is different from any other AT pack. You cannot combine with an AT pack because the HD pack contains certain channels fromt he AT250 and AT200 pack.

You can add the SD Public Interest pack for free as well.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts