HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

I can sit here and ramble on like some but the facts are the fact and they have spoken.:D
Where you like them or not the channel counts speak for them self.
I have said nothing to the contrary. Look back on ALL of my post on ALL of the threads on this particular topic and you will see that I have said on just about every single one of them that Dish is now the true basic national HD leader and premium HD leader.

A thing that you can do that will help when adding a new channel to the list that neither D* or E* already have is to click on a cell containing a channel name. Then left click and hold the mouse button and then drag the mouse over both the E* and D* channel number so that the 3 cells are highlighted. Then right click and select the insert option. Take the "shift cells down" option. All of the formulas should automatically adjust themselves so that when you put a channel number in one of the new cells under the E* or D* column, all of the totals should update automatically.

Latest verison to reflect D* adding BET HD. HD PPV channel 138 gave it's life so that BET HD can live. Personally I wish we had got ESPNU HD instead.

Attachments

• v5.7.2.xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 187
I'm glad they finally got MSNBC and BET on there. They have a lot of channels left though, and they are moving at a snails pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pretty annoying when I talk to people about HD content. Most believe DirecTV has more HD content than every other provider. Seriously though, with Dish currently having 22 more National HD channels than DirecTV, WOW that is a huge difference.

I'm always talking to a friend that installs DirecTV systems, and asks me why don't you drop Dish for DirecTV because DirecTV beats Dish in HD channels. Wrong Not even close, and without Versus I would never switch to DirecTV.

I'm a huge NHL Fan, and I'd be really BENT without access to the NHL playoff games.

John

Some Dish Exclusives caps...

Attachments

• TRV.jpg
    TRV.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Retro 1.jpg
    Retro 1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Retro.jpg
    Retro.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 119
  • SMC.jpg
    SMC.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 106
  • MAVtv.jpg
    MAVtv.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 128
  • FTV.jpg
    FTV.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 124
  • FSC.jpg
    FSC.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 126
  • BBCA 1.jpg
    BBCA 1.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 111
  • BBCA.jpg
    BBCA.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 117
It'll be interesting to see how Direct responds once the new bird is ready to go. It'll also be interesting to see how quickly Dish implements "phase 2" and what that entails. Will they push to expand the gap in national HD content before Direct closes it or will they wait? Either way, interesting times are on the horizon.

Time Warner Question

SKY Mexico Splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)