HD DVD sure doesnt look dead here

I think this just shows that HD DVD has finally met the price point people are willing to pay for media. $15 for catalog titles, and $20 for new releases.

I'm sure if Blu-Ray was priced the same, there would be more BR sales as well.

-John

I really find it interesting that when the is a title out for both BD and HD-DVD they NEVER show the comparison. Because if the did, lets just look at Planet Earth for an example, BD far and away is outselling the HD-DVD product. And then lets just throw any old BD in there against the HD-DVD title. And where is the HD-DVD numbers for Blade Runner?

As always, apples and oranges for comparision. Nothing to get excited about here.

I really find it interesting that when the is a title out for both BD and HD-DVD they NEVER show the comparison. Because if the did, lets just look at Planet Earth for an example, BD far and away is outselling the HD-DVD product. And then lets just throw any old BD in there against the HD-DVD title. And where is the HD-DVD numbers for Blade Runner?

As always, apples and oranges for comparision. Nothing to get excited about here.

That's recent. It used to be HD DVD consistently outsold Blu-Ray on "Planet Earth" on Amazon. That only changed post-CES. I wonder if the new player price cuts will have "Planet Earth" back in HD DVD's column.

You guys keep posting this stuff if it makes you feel better.

Come on, everyone with me:

"the earth is flat, the earth is flat, the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat"

"The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon,The US never landed on the moon"

:haha

elwaylite, I think the best way to handle this is let have their own *so called we are not dead yet* victory cheer.

No matter what they say, we are still having a great year, good sales, and prices are going down, and we may see BD players around 120-150$ by summer if we are lucky.

We have good HD DVD sales going on at Best Buy (BOGO Free), Amazon, Tower, B&N, and B&N. Best Buy and Circuit City are featuring the HD-A30 in this weeks ad, listing them on the same page with high priced Blu Ray players, and Best Buy is giving an A30 free with a Yamaha/Klipsch sound system. Both ads clearly show the difference in pricing, with the Blu Ray players in both ads at $500. Circuit City does have a mild sale on HD DVD's, but at least they are advertising them. Microsoft dropped the price of the HD DVD add on this week, and many posters are saying they are seeing an increase of TV ads. Oh, and over the next month, we will be seeing some potentially high selling releases. Maybe we are seeing a real effort from both Toshiba, Microsoft, and the HD DVD studios to show that they are serious about staying in the race. Sales figures on hardware and software are slowly moving up, despite the Warner bombshell, the media and internet sites already planning the HD DVD funeral, and ignorant sales people and store mangers. There is still a long way to go, but we have to admit HD DVD has come a long way since the weeks after the Warner decision that caused panic and supporters jumping ship.

lets see how much the bogo offers help hddvd this week, as I looked the the ads and I didnt see any bogo offers for blu-ray

You guys keep posting this stuff if it makes you feel better.

Come on, everyone with me:

"the earth is flat, the earth is flat, the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat,the earth is flat, the earth is flat"

:haha

WAIT!! The earth isn't flat?????:D:D:D:D

I think this just shows that HD DVD has finally met the price point people are willing to pay for media. $15 for catalog titles, and $20 for new releases.

I'm sure if Blu-Ray was priced the same, there would be more BR sales as well.

-John

Where? Prices still seem pretty much the same to me, or maybe even a little lower for Blu-Ray.

Have you checked that link recently? It looks pretty blu to me...

Attachments

• comparison.JPG
    comparison.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 235

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)