HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

Both DIRT and SG are great resources. Neither is 100% perfect, and the fact that they work together is a great thing. I think the biggest complaint that may be made, personalize the answers. Say the script sill, but in your own words to give a little more personality to the conversation. Speedy does this regularly, and Jason did that regularly before he left. By no means do we not like you DIRT and are very grateful for your presence and support. Luckily many of us are power users and each of us brings something else to the table, which is what makes this so successful.

Both DIRT and SG are great resources. Neither is 100% perfect, and the fact that they work together is a great thing. I think the biggest complaint that may be made, personalize the answers. Say the script sill, but in your own words to give a little more personality to the conversation. Speedy does this regularly, and Jason did that regularly before he left. By no means do we not like you DIRT and are very grateful for your presence and support. Luckily many of us are power users and each of us brings something else to the table, which is what makes this so successful.
Let me Clarify, I don't hate Dirt.
I hate how Impersonal DIRT has become.

So Chad I agree, your suggestions would help.
They should be more involved, especially here, where all the Satellite buffs are.

Reactions: ChadT41 and KAB
I tlam thinking adding HD feeds to the welcome pack is a good idea for marketing the package, maybe after the new year they will market publicly and advertise the package

Last edited:
I thinning adding HD feeds to the welcome pack is a good idea for marketing the package, maybe after the new year they will market publicly and advertise the package
I agree, if they do it on January 17, 2016. That is the day price increases are announced, and will offer an opportunity to right size a customer who doesn't want to pay increases and is still in contract.

GOD, I hope they don't add the hd fee to the Welcome pack along with the hd feeds. My Aunt would sh*t if she had to pay any more than she already does for it now.

Ugh, I don't want to be one of the few dissenters but if this means the price of the Welcome Pack is going up, I would say, "Thanks but no thanks to any HD channels in the Welcome Pack".

Ugh, I don't want to be one of the few dissenters but if this means the price of the Welcome Pack is going up, I would say, "Thanks but no thanks to any HD channels in the Welcome Pack".
Likely, it will be the consumer having to subscribe to the HD channels, just like with AT packages. It is possible it is built like DA though, and automatically includes them in the bill.

Ugh! This caned DIRT response sounds like if you contact him he will have your HD feeds removed, since they are there as a mistake. If this person is NEW, then he was trained as a CSR first, we do not need or want this type of response.

Reactions: reddice
The following channels are now listed as being available in HD in the Welcome Package:
  • DISH Studio
  • Comedy Central
  • WE
  • CMT
  • Discovery Family Channel
  • Hallmark Channel
  • Bloomberg
  • Weather Channel
I apologize that our previous response to this thread upset you, however, we did not receive an update about these changes.

The following channels are now listed as being available in HD in the Welcome Package:
  • DISH Studio
  • Comedy Central
  • WE
  • CMT
  • Discovery Family Channel
  • Hallmark Channel
  • Bloomberg
  • Weather Channel
I apologize that our previous response to this thread upset you, however, we did not receive an update about these changes.

Zach - thanks for this update. By any chance, did you receive an update to whether some HD channels were added to the Smart Pack, such as the Weather Channel in HD?

Unfortunately DIRT can only talk about what they are told they can talk about. Sometimes things we see are not official until they are made official in the systems DIRT uses.

I would expect the HD channels in the welcome pack will be official in a few weeks.

Scott hit the nail on the head. DIRT agents and all CSR's can only provide information that is available on our internal site. We cannot comment on things that do not appear on there.

Scott hit the nail on the head. DIRT agents and all CSR's can only provide information that is available on our internal site. We cannot comment on things that do not appear on there.

Could you please post a complete list of the Welcome Pack channels? When I try to pull it up on the website I get a screen full of tiles, some that say "logo coming soon" so you can't tell what they are

Could you please post a complete list of the Welcome Pack channels? When I try to pull it up on the website I get a screen full of tiles, some that say "logo coming soon" so you can't tell what they are

I think most indicating "logo coming soon" are the infomercial channels.

We are not always going to like what we hear and it's not always going to be good news. Got to take the bad with the good.

Thank you. I did not know about these HD channels until this post. Of course, now Dish has a reason to increase the cost of the Welcome Pack.
Well, Dish did increase the cost of Welcome Pack by $5 per month three years ago, from $14.99 to $19.99, which was supposedly because of the new AMC contract. Then, Dish removed AMC from Welcome Pack. So, I guess Dish has been overcharging us by $5 per month all this time, in order to pay for adding the HD feeds now. Either that, or we should have gotten the HD feeds three years ago, and Dish is just now getting around to adding them.

Actually I dont believe it is a mistake. I got some engineer notes a few weeks ago that said the HD feeds would be part of the Welcome Pack at the end of November. Maybe it's not official yet.
Then it looks like that gives Dish about one week to add the remaining six HD feeds.

Did I just get a bluegras endorsement?
Are you running for office?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts