HD Locals/OTA channels no longer available with Welcome Pack

I understand. I will only add if you are indeed willing to pay more, dish has the family package with more channels, and the all HD packages less than the Top packages.

I didn't mean to start such a *lively* discussion. I think this could certainly just be a matter of my account being messed up or the 722k being a specific problem. Hopefully it is, but in the meantime, Maryb switched me back to the Dish America package and took $10 off per month. I have had a hard time getting straight answers from the chat and phone support, but I am thankful for the DIRT team.

Thanks for all your input guys; I'll make sure and update this thread if I hear of a resolution.

I just wonder if the thread starter checked under HD Setup and see if it is set for Off Air . If it is not , it would definitely keep you from getting ota locals to show up in your guide. I had this happen once after a reboot on my 722k. I couldn't get any ota locals to show up in the guide and under HD setup the menu was set for a cable setting ,instead of off air and once I changed it back to off air , the ota locals came back in the guide. Check under #7 Hd setup and see what it is set for. Don't know if that helps ,but I would check it anyway.

I just wonder if the thread starter checked under HD Setup and see if it is set for Off Air . If it is not , it would definitely keep you from getting ota locals to show up in your guide. I had this happen once after a reboot on my 722k. I couldn't get any ota locals to show up in the guide and under HD setup the menu was set for a cable setting ,instead of off air and once I changed it back to off air , the ota locals came back in the guide. Check under #7 Hd setup and see what it is set for. Don't know if that helps ,but I would check it anyway.
Yes, I did check that...it was still set for OTA; I believe it is #8 in the menu. Like I said, I have had Dish America for awhile (and the 722k for many years) and it's always worked pretty well besides some weird bugs here and there. Also, I was able to view the HD locals and HD OTA channels briefly after the executive team pushed an HD-enable code to my receiver.

Yes, I did check that...it was still set for OTA; I believe it is #8 in the menu. Like I said, I have had Dish America for awhile (and the 722k for many years) and it's always worked pretty well besides some weird bugs here and there. Also, I was able to view the HD locals and HD OTA channels briefly after the executive team pushed an HD-enable code to my receiver.

I don't know why then you aren't getting hd. Like I said before, I activated a 211k with the Welcome pack Saturday morning on a new account( my fourth) and I get both ota and sat locals in HD. Something isn't right here about DISH's reasons for not turning it on. Try cancellation department and see if they can resolve this problem. If they can't , then I would think about seriously cancelling or going up on your programming to get hd again. Why else have a 722k with ota , if you can't get either ota or hd in your pack.

I don't know why then you aren't getting hd. Like I said before, I activated a 211k with the Welcome pack Saturday morning on a new account( my fourth) and I get both ota and sat locals in HD. Something isn't right here about DISH's reasons for not turning it on. Try cancellation department and see if they can resolve this problem. If they can't , then I would think about seriously cancelling or going up on your programming to get hd again. Why else have a 722k with ota , if you can't get either ota or hd in your pack.
That's exactly what doesn't make sense if it really is a change in policy (and not just some random problem with my account or 722k)...I will wait and see what maryb comes up with, but in the meantime I did switch back to Dish America, so the OTA and HD locals are all working. Thanks again for your help on this!

That's exactly what doesn't make sense if it really is a change in policy (and not just some random problem with my account or 722k)...I will wait and see what maryb comes up with, but in the meantime I did switch back to Dish America, so the OTA and HD locals are all working. Thanks again for your help on this!

Will you send me a PM as well so I can look into this while Mary is out?

Well, I know people are still waiting on this, but MattG has 4 people looking into it...I am actually glad I went back to Dish America. I watch ESPN more than I realized :)

Aren't locals listed for $6/month under International for everyone? So, why wouldn't there be access to locals be in HD (unless locals are not offered in HD in the area or if the subscriber does not have an HD receiver)? If this is true, will Welcome Pack subscribers also not get HD channels when subscribing to premium services such as HBO or other a la carte options such as Outdoor Sports?

Your question is on the premise the locals in HD are not longer in the package. All this time I see one post. It sounded like, and still sounds like an account problem, if for no other reason there are no SD locals on the Eastern Arc.

Bad upgrade or has my Hopper gone nuts?

Can you have a Hopper and 211K on same account?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)