HD Networks in Puerto Rico

My message chopped off.. There was a lot of noise during the law and order HD feed on NBC last night. I hope they fix that soon. There also seems to be an aspect ratio problem during the off network local feeds (new York station)

My message chopped off.. There was a lot of noise during the law and order HD feed on NBC last night. I hope they fix that soon. There also seems to be an aspect ratio problem during the off network local feeds (new York station)
Yes, I noticed that the news at 11pm were in 4:3.
Also, I have reported on the uplink that ABC is not broadcasting Close Captioning in the HD feed. The SD feed does have CC.

For some reason the HD feeds of networks switch between sd and hd depending on the programing. That happens even on OTA signals.

So, I think this is not a problem on Dish side. When watching ABC OTA the shows preciding a non prime time show switch to sd.
Maybe the local stations turn on and off the hd feed.

Its very possible the local station has no way of showing HD unless its directly from the network
I have a neighboring CBS station (Mankato, MN) that is like that. If it isnt network programming its not in HD.

I think the ABC (WPRU) is like that too....dont they show the news in 4x3 too?

el vocero said:
Dish Puerto Rico amplia su oferta en la Isla con 19 nuevos canales HD y nueva tecnología, lo que pone en las manos de los consumidores toda su programación alrededor del mundo.Reynaldo Pagani, el recién nombrado gerente de DISH Puerto Rico anunció que desde ayer se están añadiendo 19 nuevos canales de alta definición (HD por sus siglas en inglés) a su programación local, para un total de 100 canales en alta definición, los únicos con esta cantidad en el mercado incluyendo los cuatro canales principales de Estados Unidos: ABC, CBS, NBC y FOX, además de HBO Latino, Hallmark Movie Channel, DIY, Style, Encore, y H2 (History International).
Dish, cuya inversión local este año aumentó en doble dígito o un 20% sobre el 2011, se enfocará en ofrecer alta tecnología con la introducción al mercado del Hopper, el Sistema de DISH de DVR para todo el hogar así como el Blockbuster@Home.
“Dish continua innovando con tecnología como el Hopper, trayendo ideas nuevas para llevarle una mejor experiencia a los televidentes. HD es hacia donde nos estamos dirigiendo en el futuro y DISH está al frente en servicios y proposición de valor”, indicó Pagani.
El Hopper está considerado el DVR pagado más avanzado en el mercado de la televisión. El mismo tiene tres tuners de satélite-TV y un disco duro de dos terabyte que almacena hasta 2,000 horas de video. También viene acompañado por unas pequeñas y estilizadas unidades llamadas Joey que se usan en las segundas, terceras y cuartas habitaciones donde se esté viendo televisión, ya que permite a los clientes pausar el programa que están viendo en una habitación y continuar viéndolo en otra.
El Hopper también tiene el exclusivo PrimeTime Anytime y AutoHop, capacidades que los clientes pueden activar para grabar las transmisiones de los principales canales de televisión de prime time que ahora están disponibles en HD y volver a verlos sin anuncios al día siguiente. AutoHop es una extensión de lo que puede hacer el Prime Time Anytime del Hopper, un atributo que le permite a los televidentes, con un clic, grabar toda la programación en prime time de ABC, CBS, FOX y NBC en alta definición – los canales que tienen algunos de los programas más populares en los Estados Unidos como The Voice, American Idol y Dancing with the Stars durante el prime time.
Blockbuster@Home tiene disponible por correo más de 100,000 películas, programas de televisión incluyendo películas nuevas y Blu Ray y más de 3,000 juegos de video. Este programa exclusivo también permite que los clientes que estén conectados por Internet tengan acceso por streaming a miles de películas de forma inmediata desde cualquier televisión que esté conectada con el Hopper o aún desde teléfonos inteligentes o tabletas que tengan la tecnología TV Everywhere. A ello se suma el adaptador que permitirá a los clientes ver en cualquier parte del mundo la programación a la que están suscritos y cuyo costo será de $50.
El Hopper será ofrecido gratuitamente a los nuevos clientes por tres meses, y después el que lo desee lo puede obtener por $9.99 mensuales. Las cajitas adicionales, tiene un costo de $10 mensuales la primera y $5 las cajas adicionales.
Toda esta tecnología está disponible desde el 17de octubre a través de todos los representantes de ventas de DISH en la Isla. El Hopper y Blockbuster@Home se lanzarán con una campaña de publicidad producida localmente que incluirá televisión, prensa, vallas publicitarias y digital.

and translated ;)

Puerto Rico Dish expands its offer on the island with 19 new HD channels and new technology, which puts into the hands of consumers all programming around mundo.Reynaldo Pagani, the newly appointed manager of DISH Puerto Rico announced that from yesterday are adding 19 new HD channels (HD acronym) to your local programming, for a total of 100 HD channels, the only ones with this amount on the market including the four major U.S. channels: ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX, along with HBO Latino, Hallmark Movie Channel, DIY, Style, Encore, and H2 (History International).
Dish, whose local investment this year increased by double-digit or 20% over 2011, will focus on providing high technology with the market introduction of Hopper, the DISH DVR system for the entire home and the Blockbuster @ Home.
"Dish continues to innovate with technology like Hopper, bringing new ideas to bring a better experience to viewers. HD is where we are heading in the future and DISH is leading services and value proposition, "said Pagani.
The Hopper is considered the most advanced DVR in the paid TV market. It has three satellite-TV tuners and a two-terabyte hard drive that stores up to 2,000 hours of video. Also accompanied by small units called Joey stylized and used in the second, third and fourth rooms where the TV, as it allows customers to pause the program you are watching in one room and continue watching in another.
The Hopper also has the exclusive and AutoHop PrimeTime Anytime, capabilities that can enable customers to record transmissions from major television prime time that are now available in HD and see no ads again tomorrow. AutoHop is an extension of what you can do PrimeTime Anytime Hopper, an attribute that allows viewers, with one click, to record all programming in prime time on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC in HD - channel they have some of the most popular programs in the United States as The Voice, American Idol and Dancing with the Stars during prime time.
Blockbuster @ Home is available by mail over 100,000 movies, TV shows, new movies including Blu Ray and more than 3,000 video games. This unique program also allows customers to be connected by Internet streaming access to thousands of movies instantly from any television that is connected to the Hopper or even from smartphones or tablets having TV Everywhere technology. Then there is the adapter that will allow customers to see anywhere in the programming world to which they subscribe, and which will cost $ 50.
The Hopper will be offered free to new customers for three months, and then you want you can get it for $ 9.99 per month. The additional boxes, costs $ 10 the first month and $ 5 additional boxes.
All this technology is available from October 17 th through all DISH sales representatives in the Island Hopper and Blockbuster @ Home will be launched with an advertising campaign that will include locally produced television, print, and digital billboards.

Then again, any small movement or action on screen is horribly pixelated. I mean, come on, on a closeup of a hand picking up a telephone, the image got pixelated and blurry!! I hope sports are correctly uplinked and not that bad. We will see....

Wapa2 hd uplink IMO is the best of the lot so far. The games...finally looking as it suppose to...the colors are excellent...& haven't noticed any pixelation. Hoping wapa2 can get more sports at this level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts