HD NOT INCLUDED at son's apartment complex at college - any suggestions?

TheGeneal

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
FL
Just moved him in and huge apartment complex offers only basic DISH included in rent. Can't get HD on any channels. DISH reps say since complex has the commercial/bulk contract
associated with the address that it is their account and he can't use his specific apartment # to set up his own account to upgrade services, equipment, etc. Why wouldn't DISH or
the apartment management company want to make more money by allowing the renters to have this option? Is there any way he could rig something up or buy a DISH HD receiver
and hook it up and somehow get the install code or whatever code would be needed to get HD on at least their main tv? We are talking about football season!!!!!!! I know there are
much bigger problems in life, believe me we have them too, but I'm not asking for much here. HD is kind of a thing of the past and should be considered basic at this point in time. Thx.

Getting the HD receiver won't do any good if he's tied to their dish setup. If they aren't providing the QAM signal from the HD transponders then he cannot receive them. He'd have to have his own dish set up to accomplish it and I'm guessing the place has a restriction on dishes if they have the whole place wired with a QAM setup. Do a search for commercial / QAM setup for more info.

You need to go after the apartment management, not DISH. They may well offer everything your son needs but you have to go through them.

:welcome to Satelliteguys TheGeneal!
As others have mentioned, it's up to the management of the apartment complex (and Dish, too) to provide the correct setup for hd. You need to talk to them. It's possible your son could put up his own dish, depending upon his view of the sky.

I didn't think that was legal.
In most states it is legal. Besides if you had a contract to service a 100 apartments would you want the tenants to come in with their own equipment and undermine your profits. DISH and the landlord have to contractually protect your investment. The basic service is built into the rent and he is supposed to be at college to learn not watch HD TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)