HD Only Package

rasecane1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Maybe somebody close to VOOM can tell me if it has been considered or not but I think it would be great if VOOM added a HD only Package. To be honest, I watch absolutely zero SD on VOOM and would love for there to be this type of package if at all possible. I have had DirecTV and still have DISH & Comcast ( which I get through my homeowners association). In my very honest opinion, while VOOM is clearly the leader in HD programming, their SD is by far in last place as far as picture quality. Anytime I watch an SD show, I switch to either Comcast or DISH.

I'd say no...it's too costly for both VOOM and the Customer to have VOOM as an add-on service due to hardware and installation costs. I just don't see how this is possible other than to beam the VOOM Exclusives directly to E*, D* and Cable providers.

If you look at the cost of Voom it's 49.90 for the SD channels and the 5 HD channels they have. Their SD programming is very comparable to the Dish AT120 pack. So if you look at it like that, your basically getting the 21 Voom HD channels for free.

BFG said:
If you look at the cost of Voom it's 49.90 for the SD channels and the 5 HD channels they have. Their SD programming is very comparable to the Dish AT120 pack. So if you look at it like that, your basically getting the 21 Voom HD channels for free.

It is not comparable for that price you printed($49.90)

with Dish you have(not on Voom)

SD locals(good for people not getting the digital)
BBC America
Lifetime
NASA
Lifetime Movie Network
MTV2
HDNet
HDNet Movies

and the biggest in my book:
the local RSN

Then I'll take the 21 Voom exclusives for free and they can turn off my SD channels.

DarrellP said:
Then I'll take the 21 Voom exclusives for free and they can turn off my SD channels.
I really dont care about VOOM and its STD ch's. I know they are trying to become the sole provider in peoples homes...but I just dont watch VOOM for STD ch's. I want HD...HD HD HD HD

I guess that VOOM really wants to make a move to be a well rounded service that gives everyone in the family everything that they want. I sub to Directv also....and the ch's that my family wanted that Voom didn't have were DIY, HGTV, QVC, NICK WEST, Nick TOONS, and a couple of others that I cant remember. I remember that during the Baseball season...the Yanks were playing Boston in a big game and it was only on the YES network...which wasnt on VOOM. I would like to have that...and MSG. Voom is moving in the right direction though...they have added alot of the STD ch's that people wanted. I just added the Starz pack this weekend because I couldnt stand not having StarzHD. The only ch I really want now is INHD...I have HDNET and I rarely watch it. HDNET had a old NHL game on the other night and I forgot how the NHL looked on HDNET...just amazing!!! WOW factor was really turned up. I could live without HDNET ...HDNET movies is just about the same as the CIN 10....but with the CIN 10 you get more choices which is nice. If what VOOM is saying about adding all those HD ch's by March is true than there really wont be much left to complain about. Im rooting for VOOM ...but for now I would be glad if they added INHD. OH ...another problem that really isnt VOOMs fault, but it is a problem.....is that I cant get all my local ch's OTA. Here in NY I cant get NBC, WB or WNET. Also the PBS KIDs station that my son watches alot I cant pick up either. Im hoping by the end of the year that the combiner comes along and brings all of those ch's in for me. Again its not VOOMs fault...but still if I had VOOM as the only sevice in my house I wouldnt be able to watch three local stations....and that just doesnt fly.

If Voom wants to survive it is extremely important for them to offer sd content and locals . In the short term that is way more important to the majority of people that will even consider satellite programming. We are the people that will try anything that seems to work but we are by no stretch of the imagination in the majority. the few of us that have HDTV are setting the course for HDTV but we are still very far behind in total numbers vs. SD viewers. If voom were to offer sd locals it would open up the door for a lot of viewers that would never have thought of Voom. Directv and dish Are proof that locals will increase subscribers. SD or not.

Voom Messed Up !

WorldSport Programming Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts