HD picture doesn't fit on TV

swylie17

Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Chicago
I have the 622, and a Sharp Aqous LCD HDTV. I am using the HDMI connection between the two and have a picture sizing problem with my HD channels. The HD picture always seems to be too big for my display. For example, when watching sports, the ticker across the bottom is barely visable. I have tried navigating through menus to change some options, but haven't had any luck.

Please help!

If the "normal" format doesn't fit, you need to

(1) make sure you are using the correct HD resolution that your set supports natively
(2) have it adjusted to reduce the overscan

I've got the same problem with my Mitsubishi and the 622 (although component). My previous 811 fit the screen perfectly, while the 622 has quite a bit of overscan at the top & bottom. I plan to get the set calibrated this fall and hopefully the tech can take care of it.

I have the same problem with my Sony LCD 1080P in the sony "normal" mode. If I switch to "full pixel", everything is fine until I return to a regular TV program. Then i have to switch back to "normal" to make it fit right.

Remember folks, the TV has an adjustment that needs to be set and so does the satellite receiver.
For the TV, see your TV manual. Adjust this first.
For the Dish receiver, start with the HDTV setup in the main menu then make the proper adjustments by repeatedly pressing the format (*) button on the remote control.
If after doing all of this and you still seem to be overscanning, then it is time to contact someone to recalibrate the set.

Try hitting the * button on the remote also. That changes the format. If you press cancel it will show you the currently selected format in the banner.

Did I mention pressing the format button????

Some of the Dish channels vary so much in overscan that no amount of adjustment to the TV will get them all right. I don't know if this is a Dish problem or the individual stations.

Some of the Dish channels vary so much in overscan that no amount of adjustment to the TV will get them all right. I don't know if this is a Dish problem or the individual stations.

HMM, I use a CRT projector on a white screen that is larger than the image, I've noticed no variation in picture size from HD channel to HD channel, but I'll look more closely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts