HD Picture Stretched

yapagaldil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
All the HD channesl i am getting a stretched pictures. If i have discovery channels on, i can only see DISC part of the logo and rest of the picture is missing from both sides. I am not sure if others are having the same issue or not.

I did check the settings on my tv and the box and they same to be same as they were before, not sure what happened though.

Press the "Format" button on the Dish remote, keep pressing to get to normal screen.

You prolly pressed it by accident.

I really wished that button would remember it's setting on a per-channel basis. My Scientific-Atlanta 8000HD and 8300HD set-top would.....

All the HD channesl i am getting a stretched pictures. If i have discovery channels on, i can only see DISC part of the logo and rest of the picture is missing from both sides. I am not sure if others are having the same issue or not.

I did check the settings on my tv and the box and they same to be same as they were before, not sure what happened though.

Discovery HD stretches and zooms all SD programming.

History Channel HD Stretching

Has anyone noticed the History Channel will take a 16:9 SD program and stretch it for their HD feed resulting in a a deformed image filling the 16:9 frame left to right but with black bars on top and bottom. There's no way you can reformat the image to make it look right without loosing part of the image.

Has anyone noticed the History Channel will take a 16:9 SD program and stretch it for their HD feed resulting in a a deformed image filling the 16:9 frame left to right but with black bars on top and bottom. There's no way you can reformat the image to make it look right without loosing part of the image.

My LG TV has a zoom that will only zoom top to bottom (not top to bottom & side to side like my 622), that seems to work great for when they do that

Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)