hd station dropping out constantly at 100%

ozzy1028

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Hello all, im in flint michigan. Having a very odd problem with abc 12 in hd. i have a weingard gs 2200 which so far is doing wonders for my ota hd stations, hooked up on the back of my dish 622 receiver. With Channel 12 (abc) i get 100% signal nearly constantly, but every 10-20 seconds or so it drops completely out for a split second. I am not the only one complaining of this, i know several others with the same problem. Not sure why this is happening but is starting to perturb me. Is this a multipath problem or what. My brother has this problem and he emailed a tech at the station and all they said was that their equipment is telling them that everything is normal, when in reality it is very NOT Any help would be appreciated.

Can multipath just start happening all of a sudden? We never had this problem until about 3 months ago.

i also read somewhere else, i believe it was on avs forum, that a dc block coupling would help in the department of stations dropping out for a split second, as in my case. is this true?

the antenna is a multidirectional, really can not be aimed to tame multipath or peak signal, the amp has a tadd bit too high gain, and does a poor job taming multipath.

the dish 622 has a very tempermental ota tuner, diplexing signal with that unit is problematic at times, and a marginal antenna does not really help the situation.

it may be an opportunity to make an improvement in the antenna department and/or try a direct connection to the tuner (unless they are powering it from the tuner which is also can present its own issues) .

to be honest there really isnt much you can do with those antennas...they either work or dont.

not to sound sound rude in the least bit, but even my brother has a pretty good setup with a large winegard antenna with rotor and he still has the problem with abc 12 hd, and their other 2 channels they air in digital, so i dont think that upgrading antennas would help much. He actually does not deal with them anymore and watches the detroit abc hd, or lansing abc hd. its gotta be something at the station. its just very frustrating dealing with it.

Hello all, im in flint michigan. Having a very odd problem with abc 12 in hd. i have a weingard gs 2200 which so far is doing wonders for my ota hd stations, hooked up on the back of my dish 622 receiver. With Channel 12 (abc) i get 100% signal nearly constantly, but every 10-20 seconds or so it drops completely out for a split second. I am not the only one complaining of this, i know several others with the same problem. Not sure why this is happening but is starting to perturb me. Is this a multipath problem or what. My brother has this problem and he emailed a tech at the station and all they said was that their equipment is telling them that everything is normal, when in reality it is very NOT Any help would be appreciated.

Please time the breakup with a sweep hand or stop watch. It it turns out to be exactly 31 seconds, post the finding, I may have an answer.

You will find a couple of threads in the DishHD forum about other people having the exact same problem with the 622 and the 211. Apparently a software update that Dish pushed out to these receivers doesn't handle multipath as well as the previous version of the software.

Many, many other people with these receivers have the same issues. Don't know if Dish plans to address this software problem or not.