HD to TV#2.....

JTOUPS

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Is there a receiver, or is there any way to obtain HD on TV#2 using a dual tuner receiver?

Dish is saying they do not have a receiver with HD on the second tuner....which I figured.

But just wanted to check with the general public! Any ways to get this done??

Thanks!

the only way to get HD to multiple TV's from 1 receiver is for all of the TVs to be watching the same thing.

Yes & no

Is there a receiver, or is there any way to obtain HD on TV#2 using a dual tuner receiver?

Dish is saying they do not have a receiver with HD on the second tuner....which I figured.

But just wanted to check with the general public! Any ways to get this done??

Thanks!

All the HD receivers have HD on tuner 2. They just don't output HD on the 2nd TV output. Only way is to get a 2nd unit or run both on one output.

There is no Cheap way.
211k with a External Hardrive
Or have a Vip 612 in each room.
But as far as HD to the TV 2, Yes But you have to watch the same thing as TV 1,and you Have to Run Component Cables to the 2nd location.

Thank you for the help guys!

with the component cable option.....can you still watch a different program?

Last edited:
Thank you for the help guys!

No, both the HDMI output and the component output are "hot", but they output the same signal. You would have the same HD channel shown on the HDMI and Component, but on two different TVs.

all of the TVs to be watching the same thing.

run both on one output.

But you have to watch the same thing as TV 1,and you Have to Run Component Cables to the 2nd location.

JTOUPS - that's a confirmed no go, as these three have already mentioned. Sorry. You need another receiver to watch an HD picture different at the same time as HD on TV1.

Could I run a coax (from tuner 2), and component (from tuner 1) both to TV#2? To give me both options?

You can run a long hdmi cable. Mine is 50ft with no problems.

If you run component, do not forget about audio cables.

To me this is crap. Dish needs to get off their a$$, and make that TV2 modulator output an ATSC HD signal and be done with it. :mad:

To me this is crap. Dish needs to get off their a$$, and make that TV2 modulator output an ATSC HD signal and be done with it. :mad:
1) That will never "fly" because copyright owners would soil themselves if Dish even suggested they were going to do this. (No, I don't know how broadcast TV gets away with this.)

2) It's much harder than it appears, because the receiver would have to transcode mpeg-4 to mpeg-2 before modulating a rather complex signal with all sorts of extra data multiplexed in. It can be done, but the cost is prohibitive.

3) You didn't say it the right way above, so I will. "Dish needs to get off their a$$ and add an HDMI output for TV2"! No copyright problems, and modest cost. So what's the problem?

4) I thought I read in the 922 thread that the Sling output is sometimes referred to as "TV3", and it's HD. Correct me if I'm dreaming happy dreams. :eek:

3) You didn't say it the right way above, so I will. "Dish needs to get off their a$$ and add an HDMI output for TV2"! No copyright problems, and modest cost. So what's the problem?

I have been wondering about this for years and have wondered why it has not already been done. I think the answer that they give is "that's not cost effective or efficient "

Oh for Petes sake! Just do it or make it an option for people that want it or are willing to pay for it.

Sometimes some of the things they do really make me wonder.

I have been wondering about this for years and have wondered why it has not already been done. I think the answer that they give is "that's not cost effective or efficient "

Oh for Petes sake! Just do it or make it an option for people that want it or are willing to pay for it.

Sometimes some of the things they do really make me wonder.

I think the real reason that they don't make TV2 HDMI is that they want to nickel and dime the customer by having them pay an extra $7 per month plus and additional $5.98 DVR fee for an additional 612 receiver. I honestly think this is why they don't make TV2 HDMI.

just barely

1) That will never "fly" because copyright owners would soil themselves if Dish even suggested they were going to do this. (No, I don't know how broadcast TV gets away with this.)
Just barely, They tried to to push the broadcast flag on to us. But there were enough people that cried foul so much that congress dropped it.

You can run a long hdmi cable. Mine is 50ft with no problems.

If you run component, do not forget about audio cables.

:upYep, the HDMI cable from my 622 to the 2nd TV is 25' and the one from my 722 to its' 2nd TV is 35'. Dunno why one would want to run component and audio cables to the remote TV instead of running an HDMI.:confused: Inexpensive, great quality & fast shipping from monoprice.com .:)

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)