hdhomerun in linux

Soniconyourroof

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Ontario Canada
I would like to record my hdhomerun in xbmc or in VLC. But i am not a rocket scientist and am having a hard time getting the backend working. Is there a simple add on to just simply record. Or in VLC for that matter?

Running Linux mint

I have found a way to record in vlc by clicking on the 'Toggle Playlist' and then under 'title' right clicking the udp:// link. click save and it will save the video.
With the hdhomerun congig in vlc the Record button does not work because there is no time on the player, it stays at 00:00 wile the video stream is playing.

anyway I have found a simple way to record for now in vlc

I'm pretty sure in winblows I simply played the stream in VLC, hit record then stopped it after I got my samples. Wasn't anything fancy like messing with playlists.

What do you use as your guide...? I'm new to stuff like this, my setup is with windows 7 and a PC my friend built for me. I have a dual tuner card attached to the pci express slot. The winTV sees all the basic cable channels but when I scan in windows media center it only picks up 5 or so and when I try updating the guide info in WMC it gives some error. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts