HDMI cables that "snap" onto a screw head

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
When the HDMI out on my 622 was having solid connectivity issues, I asked about it in this forum and was referred to a company that made cables where you screwed in a small screw into the hole over the HDMI port, and then a matching metal doo-hickey on the top of the HDMI cable would snap over the top of the screw head, making a very firm connection. This was also very critical for my Fujitsu plasma because the HDMI-in is on the bottom of the bezel, with the weight of the cable trying to pull the HDMI connector out of the port on the plasma. I now need a couple more of these but I can't find the manufacturer. Does anybody remember who they are? Thank you all very much...any other kind of solid connectivity device would be appreciated also.

That would work, other than so many people having threading issues. I too would need this to go into a Dish 622. I just looked at my new Oppo 3-port switcher and it doesn't even have the screw holes above the ports, so I guess I'll worry about it if I have issues. I'll use the connector I have right now to hang down from the bottom of the plasma and go into the switcher "out", and everything else hopefully will have a snug fit (Dish in/out, Oppo DVD in/out, Roku in/out). Thanks...if anybody else has any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Dish 2700

HD Spot Beams Different than other spot beams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)