Hello Billy Joel channel Bye Bye Big Bands

i see the artwork on my edge! Surprised they couldnt squeeze a MONO 40s on 4 on the new xtra channels until Billy disappears.

It sounds like the channel is not in mono anymore. But I do notice that some songs on the 80s channel only give you the left channel through both speakers. Not sure what is going on

THANK YOU!

I hadn't heard. MUCH happier now.

Still, looking less likely that I will renew. Comedy channels are all repeats now and not worth listening to, I can get the BBC on my iPhone plugged into the radio, and same for all my music. What's left? Outdated traffic and weather? I get that from my GPS and Wazey.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Others have already made this point but I'm going to jump in too. I would actually rather listen to Billy Joel than 40s music but that's not the point.

Anyone who is a big enough fan to want a channel exclusive to one artist probably has an MP3/CD collection they don't have to pay monthly for. I would much rather listen to a show hosted by Billy Joel where he plays his own music as well as some of his other favorites than a channel that only plays Billy Joel songs. Have him tell stories and maybe talk to some guests now and then. This could be a temporary show on an existing channel instead of what they did.

The same goes for all the artist exclusive channels on SiriusXM. I'm glad things are back to normal for those of you who liked the 40s channel even if i will never listen to it.

I guess if I am going to pay monthly for a radio service I want the channels to offer more than my iPhone shuffle playing an artist. I don't think any artist needs their own channel playing their music 24/7.

Reactions: TheKrell
I enjoyed the channel and am going to miss it and wish they would add it to an exclusive channel like they have Tom Petty Pink Floyd and Metallica do!! imo :)

It is SAD how far behind SiriusXM's traffic is. I see things showing that happened and were cleared hours ago. Not worth paying for.

Glad I got a lifetime subscription as its not worth paying for anymore.

Besides when I am in the car I have SatelliteGuys Radio on anyways. :D

Besides when I am in the car I have SatelliteGuys Radio on anyways. :D

One of the problems I have suffered when my car still had a subscription, was the signal dropped out whenever I drove under a bridge, or even next to a bank of trees to the south. Now if you're streaming via your phone, don't you get those dropouts too, e.g. when the phone switches between cell phone towers? Of course the streaming will end when you drive completely out of range of any tower (which I do fairly often). For me, dropouts are not a problem for FM or AM radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)