Help! Cannot watch protected shows

MarkNelson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
I have the Hopper with Sling and a couple of weeks ago I went and protected a number of shows that had episodes piling up. I don't remember the exact sequence, but I believe I protected them by clicking Edit on the DVR screen and protecting all shows of a particular series at once. Last night I went to watch one of these shows and found that I couldn't play them back. I would just see a black screen for a few seconds and then it would act as if the show had ended. The progress bar showed the correct show length, but nothing would play. I tried from my Hopper and each of my 2 Joeys both before and after rebooting the Hopper. Are these shows lost or is there some way to view them?

I forgot to add that shows that I protected individual episodes play back just fine. And my timers don't seem to protect anything when I check the protect recording box.

I don't know if there is a way, but can you un-protect the series, the same way you protected them? Or maybe try to un-protect one of the shows of the series and see what happens.

I tried that. No luck. I even tried moving one series to an EHD. That didn't work either.

This happened to me a while back when I transferred a bunch of shows to a replacement Hopper using an EHD. In that instance, they were lost forever due to file corruption.

BTW, have you tried to view them using Dish Anywhere?

Dish Hopper with Sling - Would You Upgrade?

Management changes at DISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)