Help getting Easter Arc Savannah locals

stageson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Rincon, GA
Hey guys,

Just saw on the uplink report that the Savannah locals have finally been added to eastern arc. Chatted with dish customer service and they said they are not available yet some here have said they woke up to them already on. Is there something I need to do to get them to appear? Can any of our experts here help?

Thanks,

Scott

The Savannah locals were lit up on the 26th on 61.5. You might try to find them on channels 5260 through 5266. If they are there, you need to go into menu and set them to map down. If they aren't, PM DIRT....

They aren't there...and DIRT says that my account shows they are not available in my area. Kind of aggravating, since they are available on the Western Arc. Said they couldn't "activate" them on my account.

So...I was told by a chat rep from dish that my address does not qualify for locals. That cannot be true...when I signed up I was going to get them, but I couldn't because they could not get the Western satellites through the trees. Now...they are telling me I don't qualify at all? Doesn't make sense.

So...I was told by a chat rep from dish that my address does not qualify for locals. That cannot be true...when I signed up I was going to get them, but I couldn't because they could not get the Western satellites through the trees. Now...they are telling me I don't qualify at all? Doesn't make sense.
What dish do you have and what model receivers are you using?

I have a 722 and another hd/standard dual receiver...I chatted with a dish rep via twitter on Saturday and he said that I should be allowed to get locals as well and there must be some sort of programming error, so he was going to put in a ticket to have that looked in to. That's all that I can think of that might be going on. I know when I signed up that they took the locals off because I could not get them with the Western Arc, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the fact of whether I can get them or not. So now I'm waiting to see if this "ticket" is going to change anything.

I know when I signed up that they took the locals off because I could not get them with the Western Arc, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the fact of whether I can get them or not.

Lol, once again as seems so often happens, the most important piece of information is finally revealed! :) Yes, that probably has everything to with it. Your account may be flagged that you do not get locals, and you may be paying $5 less for that. Dish normally mandates you that you get locals with your package. Without telling a CSR what you now posted probably is the problem and should be easily changed. It may just take changing to the same package you now have but that includes the locals for $5 more if you are not paying the $5 now.

Last edited:
I have a 722 and another hd/standard dual receiver...I chatted with a dish rep via twitter on Saturday and he said that I should be allowed to get locals as well and there must be some sort of programming error, so he was going to put in a ticket to have that looked in to. That's all that I can think of that might be going on. I know when I signed up that they took the locals off because I could not get them with the Western Arc, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the fact of whether I can get them or not. So now I'm waiting to see if this "ticket" is going to change anything.

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number?

I told them what happened when I signed up. I asked them to activate and change the fact that I now want locals and to add the $5. They kept telling me that they could not do that per FCC regulations. I tried and tried to get them to change it. I have already messaged one DIRT member and they basically said the same thing. Maybe I need to keep trying until someone finally sees it and gets it changed. Thanks for the input.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Did you PM Matt yet? If anyone can make it happen he can. Are you really in Rincon, GA? If you are, Savannah locals should be available to you, period. The FCC is not saying that you can't have those locals, provided you live in the Savannah DMA.

I told them what happened when I signed up. I asked them to activate and change the fact that I now want locals and to add the $5. They kept telling me that they could not do that per FCC regulations. I tried and tried to get them to change it. I have already messaged one DIRT member and they basically said the same thing. Maybe I need to keep trying until someone finally sees it and gets it changed. Thanks for the input.

Hope they get it straightened out for you stageson. You should certainly be able to receive them in Rincon.

Absolutely, where the OP is living, he should be getting WSAV, WTOC, WJCL, WTGS, WGSA and WVAN without question.

Yes, I did PM Matt. I know there has to be something screwy...thanks guys for all your help...I will let you know what happens.

I think the problem is that our system doesn't "know" that Savannah locals are now on Eastern arc. Without going into too many details, I think that I found a workaround, just waiting for the OP to confirm that they're coming in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)