Status
Not open for further replies.

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I'm trying to move all of the components I have because "WE" have a carpet install tomorrow and I have to clear out the "Stuff". I have all of the components hooked into a Brickwall and then into a APC SmartUPS 1500. I tried to unplug the Brickwall supressor and the backup went to battery power. Is there anything special I'm suppose to do. Do I let the battery run the components until it runs down? I am in a tizzy!!! (I plugged everything back in, and now I'm hoping for an answer shortly.)
Thanks for the response. Lyle

There should be some sort of switch on the back/front of the UPS to disable it.

I have 2 Tripp-Lites and they both have stand-by modes that won't kick the UPS in when you unplug them.

Thanks for the answer!

Mark_AR said:
There should be some sort of switch on the back/front of the UPS to disable it.

I have 2 Tripp-Lites and they both have stand-by modes that won't kick the UPS in when you unplug them.

After I tried unplugging all of the components and still listening to the alarm beeeeeeping for I don't know how long, I was looking at the front of the backup and lo and behold there it was, THE BIG "O" BUTTON. I just had to push that thing ( my wifes not reading this ) and the whole shebang shut down. Thanks for the info. I have a Brickwall PW2R15W that the UPS is plugged into and that doesn't have such a mode. I guess when we get to rushing to get things done in a hurry, the most obvious things get by without even getting looked at.
Thanks again: Lyle :shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts