Help installing Tracker System V

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SarahBorealis

Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Hi, I'm new, not sure if I'm posting in the right place! I acquired a very large dish, I don't know how many feet, maybe 9, and a tracker system V. The problem is the cables! I can't find anywhere online where I can learn where they go. It is a 4 coax cable. One has a cable coax end, the other 3 are cut off. I don't know what kind of ends they need. I have the manual but it's no help. THANKS!

That is a Houston Tracker V? If so, it is worthless. Everything up there is digital now. The Tracker V is an analog receiver. Time for a new receiver!
You could still use the V to move your dish, but you need a new receiver to actually watch anything.

Yes I know it's analog, I just want it to move the dish. Can't find anything with a picture if the back.

BTW, Welcome to SatelliteGuys Sarah!!!

Thanks everyone! I printed that post, Fat Air, earlier. It was a big help. Until we realized there was no power going to the motor from the box. Well, it's really old and has been sitting around since 2001. So a friend brought a box over, just to move the motor. And luckily he brought another motor because the one I have was not working... I have a box for my Ku and it will work with the C but not to power the motor as I'm sure everyone knows. His box would not work right. He deals with Skyvision and they were very helpful but they don't do miracles. My Ku does not work when the leaves are out. I saw a dish mover box on ebay for $32!!! Is it worth it? Do they work? They look simple which is nice. I need a 24" motor as well. Any suggestions? ke4est, yes, that is the crazy cable!

Many members use that mover or similar units.
Actuators? I'm 'partial' to the Von Weise actuators as mine has been in service 20+ years.
The SuperJack HARL-3618 is often recommended.

:welcome2Sarah! I use the VBOX 7 to control an 18" actuator on my 8' mesh dish and it works great! Just a heads up though - I remember reading a post from a member here who said they would never do business again with the seller you are looking at and I personally did not receive an answer to a question I asked them until four months later.:confused: Might want to see if you can buy from another seller. An ASC1 mover from Titanium is another option if you have a really big/heavy dish as they are a bit more "beefy". Here is a heavy duty 24" actuator on ebay for a decent price: Good Luck!:)

Hi sarah. Welcome. Another point to consider to get your system running is the Titanium ASC1 will control a feedhorn polarity motor (if your feedhorn has one). The V or G boxes can't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.