Help needed

VichyViking

Original poster
Feb 4, 2019
Missouri
I'm new to your site and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a dish that has 3 lnb's on it for satellites 110 119 and 129. 129 has low signal strength. My son-in-law has a dish with just 2 lnb's 110 and 119. We both have the same program package. I have had my dish for some time but his is newer.
How can he get the same channels as I do with only 2 lnb's if I need 3 of them.
His lnb says HD pro plus on it.
Can someone explain to me how this is happening?

I'm new to your site and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a dish that has 3 lnb's on it for satellites 110 119 and 129. 129 has low signal strength. My son-in-law has a dish with just 2 lnb's 110 and 119. We both have the same program package. I have had my dish for some time but his is newer.
Because your son is not getting HD Programming. His Dish/LNBF is a Standard Def only setup. The 129 is the Sat with specifically HD locals and HD Cable programming on it. When you say your 129 is getting low signal, how low?

I would bet that your son-in-law is using the eastern arc, 65 and 72.5, while you are western arc. That would account for the two to three lnb scenario. Where do you local channels come from and where does his?

I would bet that your son-in-law is using the eastern arc, 65 and 72.5, while you are western arc. That would account for the two to three lnb scenario. Where do you local channels come from and where does his?
That was my first thought, except he said 110 and 119, or he's making an assumption about which Sats?

The best I can get is 70/71 on 110
72/73 on 119
50/51 on 129
We both get our locals from St. Louis
I might have misstated that the LNB says HD but rather his dish says HD on it but he's only got 2 LNB'S.

623157366_tp.jpg
s-l1000.jpg
The best I can get is 70/71 on 110
72/73 on 119
50/51 on 129
We both get our locals from St. Louis
I might have misstated that the LNB says HD but rather his dish says HD on it but he's only got 2 LNB'S.
You're right there. The 129 is always going to be lower, and is good in the 50's

Which LNB does he have? The first one is the SD for 110, 119. The second one is the eastern arc HD for 61 and 72 Sats

Because your son is not getting HD Programming. His Dish/LNBF is a Standard Def only setup. The 129 is the Sat with specifically HD locals and HD Cable programming on it. When you say your 129 is getting low signal, how low?

The best I can get on 110 is 70/71
119 is 73/74
129 is 50/51
I might have misstated that the LNB had dish hd pro on it but his dish itself has HD
View attachment 137024 View attachment 137025
You're right there. The 129 is always going to be lower, and is good in the 50's

Which LNB does he have? The first one is the SD for 110, 119. The second one is the eastern arc HD for 61 and 72 Sats

I'm not really sure but I know when he sat it up he used 500 for the type of setup in the point dish. I'm not even sure he's getting HD channels but he's got a big flat screen so I would imagine he's getting HD.

The best I can get on 110 is 70/71
119 is 73/74
129 is 50/51
I might have misstated that the LNB had dish hd pro on it but his dish itself has HD

I'm not really sure but I know when he sat it up he used 500 for the type of setup in the point dish.
Everyone uses 500 on the Signal Strength screen. Either way, your signals are fine

View attachment 137024 View attachment 137025

It looks more like the second one but I'm not 100% sure. If I sent you pictures (later) of his dish and LNB could you tell me more about it?

So can he get HD off of satellites 61 & 72?
Which way is the best setup? I never thought he was possibly using different satellites altogether.
I'll do some more investigating and it might answer my questions. Like which way his dish is pointing and what kind of LNB'S he has. I want to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

St. Louis has locals on both arcs, so yes, he can get all the same channels in HD as you do.

I have 1 more question if you don't mind.
Can I take my smart card out of my receiver and use it in a different one?
I own the receiver that I have and I'd like to do an upgrade but the receiver that I'm looking at buying doesn't have a card.

I have 1 more question if you don't mind.
Can I take my smart card out of my receiver and use it in a different one?
I own the receiver that I have and I'd like to do an upgrade but the receiver that I'm looking at buying doesn't have a card.
No, the card is married to the receiver and can’t be transferred. Many receivers have their cards built in so your new receiver may work just fine.

Reactions: dennispap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)