Help please...Harmony One & VIP722k

Very uncommon, but possible I suppose. Call Dish Tech support and trudge through all their troubleshooting. If is has gone bad, you should get a replacement. If not, then back to square 1.

Well, I just got off the phone with Harmony. Went to a level 2 tech, still can't get the Harmony to work the 722k. Harmony advises I call Dish about the "IR" sensor, since it doesn't want to respond to "IR" commands from either remote.
Damn, I hope it's not my 722k, I have a bunch of programs on the HDD I haven't watched yet.:(

Ghpr13:(

Not yet. Of course with the waiving of the $40 fee I was all set to get one next month!

Ghpr13:)

Considering you've got 13 days until next month and you waited until now since Christmas to try to activate your Harmony, can you wait it out.... ;)

OK, here's where I'm at. From running some test I have found out that my Samsung LCD is interfering with the "IR" waves. When the LCD was off, the IR commands from both the Harmony One and my Dish remote (set to IR mode) were received by the 722k. I rearranged my A/V equipment in the entertainment center, but that didn't help. What does help is upping my Backlight setting to it's highest point. When I set it to "10", the IR commands were all carried out. I just not to thrilled with turning my Backlight all the way up. I have calibrated my Samsung and it's PQ has been great ever since. I hate like hell to mess with the settings. I'm going to do some more research on the web. If any of you members have any thoughts on this, please let me know.
Thanks!

Change your remote address to 12 and see if that helps at all.... Usually the backlight is the problem when it on is at all and doesn't fix itself when you run it up all the way. Most would tell you to shut off the automatic light sensor to fix it and that might still be the answer....

Found a fix! After researching on the web, and posting this problem in different forums, I found a solution to my problem. I had an old pair of throw away sunglasses the eye doctor gave me after my last appointment. For now I just placed the glasses around the 722k (the glasses are a piece of bendable dark plastic that have been rolled up, so they have a natural curve to them) right where the IR sensor is. Badda Bing! My Harmony One is working like a charm! Every command sent to the 722k is being received and carried out.
I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply to me on this problem, and I like to again thank Towboy123 from the Dish Support Forum. It was his 3.5 floppy disc solution that he posted that gave me the ideal of using the glasses.
Happy viewing all,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)