Help, problem changing channels on VIP211

cjdavis618

Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Man it is great to find forums like this. :eureka

I have a problem that I can't seem to solve.

We recently moved our existing Dish500 recievers to the kids rooms and had a Dish 1000 system installed with VIP622 in the living room and a VIP211 for our bedroom.

We had a Humax 80 Series 2 tivo that we kept in our bedroom to record. Problem is that the VIP211 has our local channels numbered as 011-00 for example. Obviously, the dish remote can access these channels by pressing 11. But the Tivo tries to enter them in as 011 and the 211 stays on the same channel it was on. All other channels work as normal. This appears to only happen with the local channels on dish. Not the channels above 100. (Which do not have the -00 on them)

Is there anything I can do to fix this. For now, we have the 211 autotuning to those recordings. But that is such a pain.

I haven't quite figured out how to start a new post in these forums,but here is my question.With dish now do they still charge you $$$ to have a second receiver in your home.I thought I saw that with dish the second unit for the 2'nd TV is free now .Correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks overtimeman!

have you tried going through the setup on the tivo. I know the series 2 i had had a couple different methods they tried to change the channels. I don't know for sure, but it may have a method that works.

Yes, I have went through the setup on it where it tests the channel changing. It all passes with no problem. I'm assuming it was still using the code for the dish 500 units I had before the vip211.

Problem is that the only channels that are tested are above 100. So the lower channels are not used. Hence, no worky.

I'm certain it is a tivo problem, but with so many of you having this unit, I figured some of you may have tivo connected to one and have seen this. And may even have an answer.

Like I said before, this only happens with the local channels that are sent from Dish. I don't have OTA yet, but I would assume that they would be affected also.

They may be. I know that I have some distant channels that are the same network. Most shows that she records would be fine with them. But she records some PBS shows etc that are on 002-00 also.

I'll check the other channels out though and see if they are there.

Thanks for the tip. :up

Help!!!

NBA hd channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)